Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

logo 550 static problem

Posted by mikespink 
logo 550 static problem
November 13, 2019 12:07PM
Hi I have a Logo 550 and have a problem with the tail as the tail servo stops working after a few minutes flying time but as soon as I flick in throttle hold it works again, I have changed the tail servo and the vbar neo but it makes no difference and I have flown other helis with the same transmitter (Spectrum DX7) with no problems, I am now thinking that its a problem with static electricity but the boom is earthed to the motor mount and the tail is earthed to the boom and i have continuity from the motor to the bearing that runs on the belt in the tail, are there any anti static sprays or grease that help prevent it.
Re: logo 550 static problem
November 13, 2019 12:56PM
Hi Mike,

there are sprays, graphite or anti static, but I wouldn't know any names or brands, and surly not worldwide :-/

Can you replicate this on the bench, with the mechanics running? If so, does it also happen with a different servo?
It's a first (at least to me) that static would affect a servo in such a way, and only as long as the mechanics are running.
Maybe we are looking in the wrong place to begin with, and it has a different cause.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
November 13, 2019 11:24PM
I have changed the tail servo but it made no difference ????
November 14, 2019 10:13AM
Hi again,

can you elaborate on 'stops working' ... does it become limp, forceless, or does it just hold in a specific position, does it still react to gyro inputs (hold but no stick control), whatever?

If replicable on the ground, you could remove the tail belt, only have the mechanics running without tail, to check if it's static or maybe something elseā€”no belt, no ESD.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, but to fix it we have to know where to look, first.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
November 15, 2019 09:20PM
I loose stick control on the tail and the heli slowly starts to pirouette, so it seems that the servo stops working, I haven't tried to replicate it on the ground so I will try that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login