Posted by ian Spencer 
Neo governor over run
April 04, 2019 03:41PM
I have a Logo 550 SX with all supplied as standard:

Scorpion HK111 4025-1100kV motor
YGE 90LV ESC
Vbar controller
Vbar Neo

I am using the vbar Neo governor and head speed readings are taken from display on Vbar control. The head speed is taken from the motor wires and fed back to Neo RPM
When initial takeoff or landing the head speed overruns
I have head speed set at 1800rpm. As the head speed increases from "motor on" prior to takeoff it overshoots to about 2050. Feeding on pitch or leaving it to settle for about 30 seconds sees it return to 1800rpm.
The same applies when landing. as pitch is removed prior to "motor off", the head speed overshoots to about 2050 again for about 30 seconds or obviously till "Motor idle".

it's not a disaster but I would like to know if there is something I can adjust to correct or improve this as I also have a logo 600SE with Kontronik motor and ESC which holds HS very well.

Many thanks,
Ian
RV
Re: Neo governor over run
April 04, 2019 04:00PM
Quote:
The head speed is taken from the motor wires and fed back to Neo RPM

The 90 LV should provide a RPM already at the "slave" signal wire. So just plug the slave completely into RPM.

About the RPM - is the ESC in the right Mode? - Having the Mode programming it is Mode 1.

How is the gear ratio and cell count?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
April 11, 2019 09:42AM
Hi Rainer,

You are right, I was mixed up from my 600SE which takes the RPM from the motor wires.
I am not sure what mode the ESC is in. its not been changed since new with heli but then it has always over run. I will check it.

I do not look at the Neo setup on a PC very often now I have Vbar Control, so Im not sure about gear ratio and Cell count settings (I guess they are visible on Vbar Control anyway). I will get them checked but fairly confident they will be right as when the TX reads 1800 RPM it fairly accurate when checked with a strobe type Head speed checker.

Many thanks,
Ian
April 12, 2019 09:34AM
Hi Rainer,

ESC is set to mode 1
Gear ratio 10.928 - Standard 153/14
Cell count set to 5 - Scorpion HKIV-4025-1100KV

Am I trying to fix something that is normal?
I go to Motor run, head speed increases to about 2140 and then reduces over 10 -15 seconds to 1800.
All seems fine during flight but I am not throwing it around.
When landing, as I lower collective, the head speed increases the same, I normally go to Motor off as the heli shakes a little with the higher head speed when on the floor.

It has always been like this but a couple of colleagues with the same spec heli (neither have Vbar Control) don't seem to suffer with this. Am I trying to fix something which is not broken? It's a little annoying but does not affect my flying.

Many thanks to you guys for the great support. The best!

Ian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login