Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

690 v3 canopy

Posted by Runarsk 
690 v3 canopy
November 13, 2018 10:25PM
The new canopy looks great, but I can't seem to find any directions as to where I should apply the edge protector that was included. It is already a very tight fit around the skids.
Re: 690 v3 canopy
November 14, 2018 08:54AM
Hi,

you would want to widen the cutout a bit, around the skids, to make room for the edge protector.
Do a couple of iterations until it's a snug fit, only then glue it in place.

See pg. 9 of the manual on how it should look.

It would be sufficient to have the edge protector only to the top and arced to the front, and let it end there, and leave the flat tongue part without.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
November 14, 2018 10:38PM
Thanks Eddi but I can't find a manual for the new kit that shows what it should look like. The manual on your site is for the v2
November 15, 2018 08:46AM
Hi again,

OK, I can check what's up with the manual.

But in general it's the same, on all our models: the cutout is laid out in a way so the flat tongue lies below the skid bow, and the cutouts left and right take up the skid bow. If you want to add the edge protector, you would have to make it fit, enlarging the cutout more to the top and front (below it has hardly any effect, it's flat anyway). This is also why I would only add edge protector to the upper section, arcing to the front, and leave the tongue flat.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login