Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Logo 600 help needed

Posted by p1andy 
New Logo 600 help needed
October 01, 2018 04:42PM
Hello,
I have a club mate who has recently purchased a Logo 600 and also the carbon frame upgrade but is having issues with the build.

The long metal bearing/motor/frame support in the carbon upgrade will not allow the one way bearing to fit in the third main shaft bearing. When trying to use the motor bearing support supplied with the kit it is not possible to install the pinion as it locks up due to being too big to fit in the motor bearing support.

With regards to shimming the main shaft, do you follow the manual or do you shim as required? Following the manual does not appear to work well.

Can someone please list the parts required to install the main shaft/gears to the Logo 600 with the carbon upgrade? Numbers of the main shaft, OWB, motor pinion etc would be useful.
Re: New Logo 600 help needed
October 02, 2018 09:13AM
Hi,

I'm afraid I can not help with parts lists, but I can, with some info:

The carbon frame was designed to fit the first generation frames. The LOGOs have evolved, but the chassis has not (yet).
The current 600, for example, shares the one way bearing with the 690, which was never designed to mate with the carbon chassis.

At the time the chassis was designed, the market seemed to be demanding a bling chassis instead of the light weight and tough plastic chassis. But then real demand was considerably low, and the disadvantages (which could have been anticipated, by simple logic) began to show, like less stability against torsion, considerably higher weight ..., so demand became even less. It was simply contrary to what a LOGO is, a lightweight simple design, with a stiff chassis.
This is the main reason why no further development went into it.

You can make it fit, but it might require extra work.

So what you can do is shim as required, and, if necessary, replace current parts by parts used then (e.g. the simpler one way bearing).
The parts with which it did fit were parts from the original LOGO 600 and spin-offs, so the manuals of those might help, please see there or check out the discontinued LOGO 600 SE section here.

I hope this helps at least a little.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login