Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

550 sx Receiver signal failure

Posted by ian Spencer 
550 sx Receiver signal failure
September 26, 2018 01:41PM
Hi,

Can anyone help please.
A fellow flyer has a Logo 550SX about one year old.
Tx is a JR 12X i believe and he is using a Vbar neo with 2 satellites.

When he plugs in the main battery on the heli it boots up but once complete the ESC beeps 5 times which i believe is Receiver signal failure. The servo's appear to operate ok.

we have tried turning on and off with the throttle at top stick. tried moving the Tx further away during start up.
We have checked that the throttle stick is at zero during startup.

I have also asked him to try a replacement wire between ESC and vbar, I am waiting on his test.

Have you any other ideas as to what the problem might be please.

Thanks,
Ian
Re: 550 sx Receiver signal failure
September 26, 2018 02:30PM
Hi Ian,

for the ESC, the VBar is the receiver. So it does not seem to get a signal from the VBar. Please try a servo instead of the ESC, on the ESC port, to see if it operates there (moves to motor off position, moves with switching on and off, does not remain limp).
If it remains limp, wiggle the wire, and see if it jumps to attention eventually.

If it works, it's the ESC or connection wire.
If it doesn't, it's possibly the ESC port of the VBar.
Was this VBar involved in a mishap eventually?
How old is it approx., how much use has it seen?
Did it ever work for your fellow flyer?

Let's try and narrow it down.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 26, 2018 03:27PM
Thank you Eddi,

His name is Dave Hough and i will try get him to join the forum to save the 3 way conversation.

I can tell you it did work until about 3 weeks ago.
The servos connected to the vbar operate so there is power passing between the ESC and vbar.

I will get some more answers to your questions and get back.

Thanks again for your help.

Ian
September 28, 2018 01:15PM
Hi Eddi
I have tested as you suggested by putting a servo into the esc port on the vbar and all seems fine with it. I can only assume there is a fault on the YGE 90 esc.

Here is a further description of the fault I am seeing
Power up the transmitter all switches in the off position and throttle 0.
Power on the heli. Esc goes through startup and then gives 5 beeps, pause then 5 again etc
Move the motor switch on transmitter to on position - no run up of heli.
Move the throttle slightly up from 0 position, heli then spools up and moving throttle stick from fully open to close motor continues to run in governor mode.
Lower throttle to 0 and move motor switch to off position, motor spools down and 5 beep alarm returns on esc.

Regards
Dave

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2018 01:54PM by DaveH.
RV
September 30, 2018 07:33PM
Could you please connect a servo as pointer to the socket where ESC master is hooked up and check if the servo points as you expect or as the ESC probably has been showing with its behaviour?

Wich socket is in use for master? ESC or AUX3?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2018 07:33PM by RV.
October 01, 2018 08:19PM
Hi Rainer master is in esc.

All is now ok and working, I used the following method after attaching my esc to Ian Spencer’s Logo 550sx which is controlled by a Vbar Control transmitter we had the same 5 beep alarm which we then assumed was an esc fault and there was nothing wrong with the neo unit.
I then connected the esc to a different receiver and was able to reset the esc and remove the 5 beep alarm.
I have now reinstalled the esc in my Logo reset the motor off % in Gov2.
All is now working correctly

Regards

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2018 09:07AM by DaveH.
October 02, 2018 09:16AM
Hi Dave,

OK, now I get it (sorry, could have happened earlier grinning smiley).

If the ESC has an error code stored (e.g. if it was switched to Run without a motor connected, and hence did not detect the motor properly), it will beep this error code every time it is powered on _until_ you delete the error code by (iirc) powering it up at full throttle (which you could do on VBar Control, too, with Collective Control enabled) _or_ if you connect a prog card.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 02, 2018 09:30AM
Ah,

I get it now too. We tried to clear the error code using full throttle, but of course, because both the JR TX and the Vbar Control were both set for a head speed lower that 100% stick, the error was not clearing.

Thanks everyone for your help, well done Dave for sorting it.

Ian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login