Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

550SE V3 to 600 upgrade path?

Posted by jbaum81 
550SE V3 to 600 upgrade path?
September 08, 2018 10:29PM
Guys,

Just picked up a 550se V3 Which will be flown as a 550 until I thin the fleet a little (Going all Mikado) at which point I'll be flying it as a 12s 600. But I have a couple of questions.

#1, Mod 1 main gear is a direct fit replacement into the main shaft stack, but requires the 6mm mod 1 pinion.

#2 when upgrading to Mod 1, it is possible to use the front 6mm half of the counter bearing with the original back half for the 550sx/se owb?

#3 When upgrading to the 690 owb and counterbearing is it possible to maintain the 550sx/550se style tail pulley, or must this be upgraded to the kevlar belt style pulley of the 600sx /690sx?

#4 when going to the 25mm tail boom of the 600sx from the 22mm 550sx/se this requires the pulley, belt, rear tail shaft and wider clam shell tail box only, correct? If I remember correctly, there may also be some stop tabs that go where the 25 to 22mm frame adapter where the boom inserts.

#5 when upgrading the head to 600sx v2 style, this requires only the grips, spindle shaft and bearings? Or does it require headblock replacement as well?
Re: 550SE V3 to 600 upgrade path?
September 10, 2018 10:29AM
Hi,

#1 in general yes, you need the corresponding pionion (from the range of available pinions) and the corresponding counter bearing block (depending not he motor shaft diameter).

#2 to the best of my knowledge, the fit in the middle is the same, the front blocks are different, as are the rear plates (500/600 to fit the main shaft, new 600/690 to fit the double OWB.

#3 the regular pulley and belt should work, it can just be necessary to use a shim more or less, to make it fit properly and hav the required small axial play on the main gear.

#4 for the 25 mm tail boom, you need Adapter 04091, they have the stops.

#5 if it's the one-piece hub, you don't need to replace it. I can not tell for sure for the two-piece (older) hub.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login