Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Logo 550sx tail wag

Posted by irotaké 
July 07, 2018 09:15AM
Hi everyone,

I've recently bought the new 550 and build it the right way, like people up there
everything's ok except a constant tail wag !
No matter if i use neo gov or esc gov, same issue.(neo gov for me).

I've disasembled and rebuild the tail section two time, checking trust bearing, inner and outer diameter,
washers are in place, i've even tried to add a 5x6.5x0.2 washer between the bearing and tail hub(#04630) to limit axial play,but no way, same tail wag.

I need you help to fix this problem, i can't fly my 550 this way.
Do i have to open RMA ?

Thank you.

Richard

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2018 09:53AM by irotaké.
RV
July 07, 2018 07:45PM
Please no Threadnapping.

Open one thread each Pilot and Heli - keep it simple to follow for the support.

I have split this thread from the other - and we'll see for Eddis answer on Monday (they are at Global 3D).

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
July 09, 2018 09:37AM
Hi Richard,

please send an e-mail to service (at) mikado-heli (dot) de.

My best guess would be that the ball cages in the thrust bearing are squeezed in a way so they bind, if everything else is running true and smoothly, even if the tail is running (you can check, without blades, with the tail pushrod disconnected ... there should be no binding / breakaway torque.

Please also make sure the tail blades are weighed properly, we already had cases where different tail blades or just weighing them a tad made the difference.

Please describe the wag: slow/fast, what movements does the tail make, does head speed and / or gain. make _any_ difference at all?

What head speeds do you fly, what tail servo is it?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
July 09, 2018 09:38AM
Addendum: in a different thread here, on the German forum, a customer found that burrs on the tail pitch slider were causing a breakaway torque. He did file the openings a bit and the wag went away.

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
July 10, 2018 05:07PM
Hi Eddi,

I 've send an @ to mikado service.

As i said, i've double check thrust bearing direction, clean the ball cage with alcool,
Check again by disconnecting the tail pushrod and nothing seems to be wrong.
Mean that everythings works fine and smoothly.

Tail blades are right out of the box and have no fly yet, so i think they are
weighed properly, but no another set to try.

I'am thinking about tail hub dimensions, after building tail section correctly, axial play is not
equal on both side !

Tail servo is QF 1138 THV
Tail limit around 92/92
HS at 1800/2100/2400 rpm
Tail movement around 5 cm from left to right and increase a little bit with HS
From 50 to 90 %, tail gain doesn't change anything.

Richard.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login