Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One way bearing (freilaufnabe)

Posted by Caller 
One way bearing (freilaufnabe)
May 28, 2018 07:53PM
hi guys, had a slight mishap , read that major crash, last week while flying my logo 550se.
Suddenly while in flight I heard a very loud high pitch sound and realized the oneway.bearing failed.
It was beyond recovery and crashed. About 1 month ago The same bearing went bad but it was on the ground during initial run-up. What now failed was the replacement for the original bearing.
During disassembly I found the the bearing race had completely disintegrated and some of the pin rollers were missing.
The question is... how can this happen? It was not flown hard, nor often. The bearing was well greased and rollers packed before the last assembly. I noticed in the forum that this problem had previously occured. Could it be this is another qualty problem with the Bearing?
If you desire I can try to send a photo.
Thanks,
Re: One way bearing (freilaufnabe)
May 29, 2018 08:36AM
Hi,

in general, the bearings are long-lasting. In the 500/600 with the recommended drive system and blades, there are no issues to be expected.

How's your 550 SE powered, what blades are on, what head speeds do you run?
What type of grease are you using?
Do you have the recommended 0.5 mm axial play of the main gear with the owb on it, on the main shaft?

Please be so kind and create a service request here www.vstabi.info/rma and we will see to it. I would be curious to see the bearing and the shaft, since it's always the two which have to work together.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 07, 2018 12:37AM
Thanks Eddie, I‘ll try to get the stuff together for sending to you.
Will initiate an RMA tomorrow.I do have a photo of the pieces but could not send it because of the 300Kb limit.
June 07, 2018 08:57AM
Hi,

you can send via e-mail to service (at) mikado-heli (dot) de. Or you can resize the pictures.
The limit is for a good reason, else everybody would upload like 20 MByte photos just because they can grinning smiley

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 08, 2018 10:33AM
Hello Eddie,
Somehow having a problem making the RMA but here is a foto of the defective part as I removed the main gear from the main shaft.
When I get the RMA to work then I'll send the part(s) for your inspection/ research.
Thanks, Dennis

June 08, 2018 11:09AM
Hi Dennis,

got it. Anything particular on this 550 SE? What lube are you using?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 10, 2018 09:16AM
Hi Eddi, grease is Nigrin Mehrzwek Fett or metal parts.
Gruss, Dennis
June 11, 2018 08:52AM
Hi Dennis,

thank you. No objections, from what I can research on the net.

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login