Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A little help please

Posted by Kjp 
Kjp
A little help please
July 17, 2017 10:17AM
Hi
I've just got my first fbl heli ( been flying fb for many years)
I've bought logo 480 , second hand !
I've got a vbar neo to put in ! The esc is yge90lv and has a slave and. Master
I am unsure as to the connection of these two three pin wire and where to plug them
I have plugged master into esc slot on neo but unsure about the slave
Also the motor only spools up at mid stick
Any help would be appreciated
Spectrum dx9 with satellite
Kev

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2017 10:26AM by Kjp.
RV
Re: A little help please
July 17, 2017 09:51PM
The slave can be put all together in one housing - and then into RPM socket.

Afterwards - set up TX as recommended (we need 2 3-way switches Motor/Bank only! - no curves etc.) - enable and set up VBar Governor, listen to beeps in ESC (must be in VGov Mode too, check ESC manual) and use our VBar gov. Set RPM each bank directly in PC.

DX8 example - should be possible to do with a DX9 too:
http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1990

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2017 09:52PM by RV.
Kjp
July 21, 2017 12:16AM
https://youtu.be/vIjFLNV0UhQ
Hi thanks for the info ! Could you take a look at the short video
And let me know if this looks correct
Many thanks
July 21, 2017 08:46AM
Hi,

although I did not see what happened in the VBar Software (gauges, switch positions) it sounds OK to me.

What you experience when you move the collective stick is perfectly normal, these are the cyclic and collective adds (mixers cyclic and collective > throttle) which act like a V curve, to help the governor—since we know when torque is required (when you move the sticks), we can put the foot on the pedal early instead of waiting for the head speed to change/drop and react only then).

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Kjp
July 22, 2017 01:02PM
Hi
Thanks for your advice
Could you recommend head speeds 23t pinion
212main , pitch curves as don't want things to mad at first
Normal idle1 idle2
Much thanks kev
July 24, 2017 09:11AM
Hi,

I'd try 1,800-2,000-2,200 1/min, which are the default settings if you set up with VBar Control and the VBar Governor anyway.

Maximum head speed (governed, from battery full to empty) will be around 2,300 1/min, depending on the battery's voltage curve.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Kjp
July 24, 2017 11:03AM
Many thanks for your help Eddi
Kjp
July 29, 2017 11:36PM
Finally got the bird in the hover , very stable but the cyclic seems jerky as a pose to smoth ,,any ideas or is it just a case of adjusting
Cheers
July 31, 2017 08:52AM
Hi,

it's your first flybarless heli, right? Needs a little getting used to, especially leaving the sticks alone if you don't want anything from the bird smiling smiley
With flybarless models or with less locked in systems, you might be working the sticks all the time, which is hardly necessary with a LOGO and VBar.

For starters, you can also add some expo and/or dual rate, to smoothen the response, and to get a feeling for how the model responds to your stick inputs.

An other reason (but more obvious, and increasing with higher head speeds) could be thrust bearings mounted the wrong way: then you would have increasing breakaway torque, you input something, the model doesn't respond nimbly but only with a delay, and then with more force.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Kjp
July 31, 2017 12:37PM
Cheers Eddi ! Your a star , will check bearing as I bought second hand , so not sure about them
Then I'll give her another go and take my time !
Regards kev
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login