Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

600 SE tail belt tension

Posted by glennj 
600 SE tail belt tension
December 05, 2020 02:35PM
How do I exactly check and adjust the tightness of the tail belt on a 600SE before a maiden and post flights?

The pulleys are mentioned to be belt tensioners, so wondering if I need to only use the two bolts to adjust belt tension?
Re: 600 SE tail belt tension
December 06, 2020 01:26AM
Anyone?
December 07, 2020 09:23AM
Hello Glenn,

on almost all model helis, technically you only have guide rollers or belt soothers, not actually belt tensioners.
A tensioner would require a (really strong) spring, or some means to adjust it.

You have a good average tension, on any LOGO, if you hang the model with battery installed and canopy on, by the rear standoff, leave the tail rotor housing loose, only then tighten it.

The tension you feel then can be taken as a reference, also for post flight checks, or if you fly in different ambient temperatures.

A 600 SE is not made for hard 3D by default, so imo there's no need to tighten the belt much more.
But for sake of completeness, if you fly hard (other 600 / 690 / 550s, not so much SE versions), you might want to tighten the belt a tad more, to prevent skipping teeth.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2020 09:40AM by Eddi E. aus G..
December 07, 2020 09:36AM
Thanks Eddi that's a great idea and a good suggestion. I am going to give that a try.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login