Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Standard vbar on 5.2 upgrade and now not working

Posted by idavies 
Standard vbar on 5.2 upgrade and now not working
March 26, 2023 03:48PM
Hi,

I have a standard vbar on 5.2 but have the 5.3 software on my pc for my other vbars. I tried doing the online firmware update to 5.3.4 looked at the video (but that was to upgrade to pro) and couldn't see where i was going wrong or how to proceed. I then used the recovery software for firmware and loaded it to the vbar, a whole load of tick boxes appeared after loading which i duly ticked and tried to bind which failed every time. Now when i fire up the software and connect the vbar there is no bind box and my tx doesn't move anything on the heli. How do i proceed please?

Many Thanks,

Ian
RV
Re: Standard vbar on 5.2 upgrade and now not working
March 27, 2023 12:21AM
Hello,

which serial number is it?

Keep note that the recovery is a non-functional one - just for recovery ... so we need to load a functional firmware.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 28, 2023 07:25PM
Hi serial is 1410029235
RV
March 28, 2023 08:25PM
This unit has only a V5 Express licensed.

So - you can self-enable the 5.3 Express and load it - or - purchase the 5.3 Pro and load it.

https://uroehr.de/vtube/cat/old-v5-vbars-archive-/video/vbar-online-update
https://uroehr.de/vtube/cat/old-v5-vbars-archive-/video/01-purchase-en

in both cases check the setup afterwards of course.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
April 08, 2023 01:09AM
Thanks, I have managed to reload the firmware and bind the Heli, setup of swash was easy, just now having an issue with the tail whereby it moves only in one direction to the right. Set mid point and 1520us for center but no change. Will try a different spektrum tx and see if the issue persists.
RV
April 08, 2023 08:07PM
It is not the TX if the bars in RX/Tx display are right.

Which servo is it and which center pulse is set? - Have you tried another one (e.g. connecting a swash servo temporarily)?

Rainer Vetter

April 09, 2023 08:59AM
Tail servo is spektrum h6210 digital servo, center position set as 1520us. I did post the link here but that link got blocked.
RV
April 09, 2023 11:53AM
Okay - should be ok then.

But - did you check / Calibrate your TX inputs?
It is not the TX if the bars in RX/Tx display are right.

Which TX/RX is used? - Depending on this it probably needs a rebind as on some models the powerup-failsafe-values are stored in RX during bind process. This may give false init values on Vbar then ...

Rainer Vetter

April 23, 2023 05:47PM
Thanks Rainer, all sorted now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login