Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mini Vbar Firmware

Posted by alparmer 
Mini Vbar Firmware
June 10, 2020 07:37PM
Not sure if this is the correct place so please move if its not.

I purchased a used mini vbar for my helicopter and cant do anything without software to program it.

I finally was able to install and hook up the vbar to Express but I have a problem with firmware. It connects and have green USB but it says that I need to update firmware but nothing works. The firmware on the vbar is 5.2.4 and the Software is 5.3.4b

When I try to update I get a message: "This device has already a V5 Pro license! Dont buy it twice"

I am stuck!
RV
Re: Mini Vbar Firmware
June 10, 2020 11:43PM
Hello Al,

didi you register the mini already?

Have you seen the Videos for online update in our V5 Archive section, there the link to VTube?

Keywords:

- register
- get a key, use it
- run update

if you get stuck, tell me exactly where - and - the SN odf the mini.

BTW: Thread will be moved in a few days into the V5 for old devices section here.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
June 11, 2020 05:05AM
Videos here https://uroehr.de/vtube/cat/english-videos

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
June 11, 2020 04:11PM
I tried to purchased the Pro version but cannot purchase it since I believe it has already been purchased. See attached print screen.

June 11, 2020 04:11PM
Printscreen

June 11, 2020 04:12PM
Prinscreen

June 11, 2020 04:15PM
Print scre

June 11, 2020 04:18PM
The only thing I was able to do was upload vstabi recovery. However, I believe this is not a working firmware. I can connect the vbar but cannot update or do anything else.
June 11, 2020 05:16PM
alparmer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The only thing I was able to do was upload vstabi
> recovery. However, I believe this is not a
> working firmware. I can connect the vbar but
> cannot update or do anything else.

After recovery you need to load a flying firmware, either V5.3 or V6.0 for VBC use. Follow the videos linked earlier on how to open the server to supply you with the firmware.

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
June 11, 2020 08:27PM
I have watched and re-watched every video and tried everything. I understand that the recovery firmware is not usable, but I cannot update to any firmware. Please see screenshots on previous post. I bought this used and I cannot register it so that may be part of the problem. When I try registering it under (OLD VBARS REGISTRATION), I needs previous owner's email, which I do not have. I submited the form with the (info@mikado-heli.de) but have received no further details on how to get it registered.

I don't know what else to do. I have even tried purchasing the PRO firmware, but it says it is already PRO.
RV
June 11, 2020 08:51PM
Good things take some time. We are checking the transfer requests for old devices once a workday. Today is a holiday in Germany - but i just transferred it after coming home from the flying field ;-)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
June 12, 2020 05:57AM
Thanks for the registration. I was able to get everything working and programmed

I have another question in reference to advance options. I have tail wag and need to troubleshoot the problem. I would like to be able to see lots and tune P and I gains. I can’t see those options on my Express so I don’t think it’s the pro version. I tried to purchase Pro and got a message that it is already Pro. I also used the online advisor and got the following message (The serial number 1510002807 does not correspond with the item VStabi you chose.)
June 12, 2020 07:13AM
Disregard previous message. I found the advanced settings. Now to figure out how to update to 6.0

Thanks all for the help and replies.
June 12, 2020 09:22AM
Hi,

to add 6.0, go VStabi.info/devices (My Devices) and add the option V6 Heli, get a license key again if it's no longer valid, then go File/Online Update.

After that, the VBar will no longer connect to the computer, so disconnect power and USB, connect an RX Satellite, connect power again, bind, job done.

You could have skipped almost everything above by just adding 6.0 after the registration and updating directly to it winking smiley
But I know it can be a challenge to wrap your head around it the first time smiling smiley so no worries.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 12, 2020 03:35PM
Vielen Dank

I don't see an option to add V6 Heli. It's hiding from me like the Advance option in VStabi. LOL
June 12, 2020 03:59PM
Hi,

question: do you own a VBar Control?

If so, why is it not registered winking smiley

Then, you would see this (attachments).

Else, 6.0 is not for you, only works with VBar Control.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2020 03:59PM by Eddi E. aus G..

June 12, 2020 08:12PM
No vbar controll. This is my second Mikado item. First was a Logo 10 way back when. The one with the tail zapping issues.

Cheers,

AL
RV
June 12, 2020 10:15PM
Okay - then V5.3 Pro is the way for you to go.

Just enable with the license key procedure, Update and redo the whole setup.

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login