Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vbar losing signal

Posted by johnco61 
Vbar losing signal
October 20, 2019 06:53PM
I’m having problems with my V-bar mini and would like some advice before diching it. I have read that spectrum satellites seem to have problems with power being lost to them during flight. This is the problem I get, I have tried using an eBEC at 6V to RXb & RXc also fitted a scorpion battery guard and still get problems when pitch pumping.
I have used a beastx and a spectrum AR7020BX on this 500Trex and had no problems in the past so can’t understand why I can’t get this thing to work correctly. I fitted the v-bar to a Trex 450 briefly and it had problems lifting one servo without locking out the satellites.
My question is can this be a fault with the v-bar that may or not be fixed or is it just the fact that I’m not using the right power supply or may be running the wrong type of servos.
I have read that changing my servos or using a different BEC would help, if this is the case I would rather rip it out and put an AR7020BX back in which I know works, I don’t understand why people would buy a v-bar and then go ahead and change other components on the helicopter to enable the v-bar to work. I just need to know is it possible that the v-bar could actually be faulty.
Thanks in advance for any help
RV
Re: Vbar losing signal
October 20, 2019 11:59PM
As this is not a Vbar NEO Vlink - moved it to the forum for old devices.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
RV
October 21, 2019 12:03AM
Well - this issue comes from the servos and/or BEC:

Please read a bit about BEC:

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1327

And some hints for reverse current:

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1422

Please read and attach the event log. Also try 2 additional 4700 uF capacitors as shown in the first link.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2019 12:04AM by RV.
October 21, 2019 02:01PM
Hi thanks for the quick response
I have seen the articles you have highlighted and may have a go with a new BEC and using capacitors (I wouldn’t know where to start with the capacitor fix, where do you put them?) although I doubt I could trust this after the performance I’m having at the moment.
I can’t believe how badly my v-bar performs, when using a built in BEC it can’t move one servo without locking out the satellites, surely that can’t be right? I am aware of the reported issues and have seen the workarounds, my question is could a fault with the v-bar cause this sort of problem or can it only be caused by a poor power supply?
If it’s the latter then I can stick it on ebay and use something else, but I can’t stick it on ebay if it’s faulty
Regards
John
RV
October 21, 2019 11:15PM
Hello John,

everything may be possible ... but impossible to answer from here witout having all this stuff on the bench and connected to a scope.

I would add some caps and try. Okay ... on a mini you may need some Y harness at one or 2 of the servo sockets for doing this.

Rainer Vetter

October 22, 2019 09:19AM
OK thanks for that i will give it a try and see how it goes and report back, once again thank you for all your help
October 22, 2019 09:39AM
Hi
What voltage are the caps meant to be it looks as though the ones in the article are 16V dose this matter? can you use 10V for instance. Do you fit them in parallel with the servo or the power supply?
I need help with 4700uf, 4700mf, 4700pf, what do these mean and which do i need?
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2019 09:48AM by johnco61.
RV
October 22, 2019 02:05PM
I use 16V becuase in case of reverse current issues this can exceed 10V easily.
The Cpacity is 4700uF which i tried.

All dimensions are definde in the metric SI system:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_prefix

Rainer Vetter

October 22, 2019 02:53PM
OK that's great, thanks for that, do i fit them in with the servos or power or doesn't it matter?
RV
October 23, 2019 12:02PM
This doesn't care at all. Just as you can do it best.

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login