Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mikado 90 YGE LV rpm sensor wire voltage?

Posted by Steve Smith 
Mikado 90 YGE LV rpm sensor wire voltage?
June 16, 2019 07:56PM
I believe some FBL controllers including VBAR want 3.3 v or lower than 4v from the rpm sense wire.

I know I currently have this LV YGE in 2 logo's using the vbar gov.

Was it the earlier versions or non-Mikado versions to be worried about?

If I were to verify I suspect remove blades and run it with a volt meter or lab scope to verify?

Or if someone can verify they know?

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2019 07:58PM by Steve Smith.
RV
Re: Mikado 90 YGE LV rpm sensor wire voltage?
June 16, 2019 08:31PM
The YGE Pulses are according to our specs - even the early versions ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
June 17, 2019 09:29AM
Hi Steve,

the Mini VBar was first not designed for use with the VBar Governor.

We did then re-program one of the servo signal inputs on RXA (used with standard receiver hookup, one wire per channel) to accept the RPM signal when the port was not in use (e.g. with a single line receiver, or Spektrum sats).
But RXA was designed to to work only with < 5 V of signal gain, which was OK for servos (as an output).
So on a Mini VBar, you would have to verify that the input signal is < 5 V, or use a voltage divider if you were to use HV (2s LiPo or HV BEC).

If you are not sure about the ESC together with a Mini VBar, you can check the signal voltage on a lab scope, maybe even with a volt meter (it will probably show half the actual voltage, because it's clocked).

With the full size VBar black, blueline, silverline as well as the VBar NEO, there are no such limitations.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 17, 2019 04:01PM
Thanks for the detailed explanation guys..

Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login