Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VBar Blueline transmission error

Posted by Crowncastle 
VBar Blueline transmission error
June 03, 2019 08:26PM
Hi,
A couple of years ago I bought a used Trex 700E with VBar Blueline and dual Spectrum satellites installed. After purchase I connected the Vbar to PC, set it up and made a successful bind to my Spectrum DX7S transmitter (After a lot of studying)..
It has worked flawlessly since first setup and I have had no need to make any changes.
After the Heli has been without power for a year or so and getting it ready for a new season, I notice the VBar is flashing and I am not able to make contact with the transmitter.
I am trying to bind the VBar again using mini USB and the VStabi Neo software.
After some studying, I was able to get USB connected and green on the software bot I am not able to communicate with the VBar. I receive a transmission error message (See picture)

I found a bootloader recovery file for downloading but I have no recovery "button" in the file menu and I expect this is because of the communication error?

I have added a few pictures of the software and setup.

I am a bit stuck now and hope you can help?

Kind regards
Willy - Norway

RV
Re: VBar Blueline transmission error
June 03, 2019 10:04PM
Please use the right PC Software for legacy devices. Not the NEO Software ;-)

https://uroehr.de/vtube/cat/old-v5-vbars-archive-/video/download-install-pc-software-and-driver

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
June 07, 2019 03:24PM
Thank you for your quick reply, and for making this an enjoyable hobby :-)
I finally installed the correct software and communication was back on track!
I am afraid I still need some support since i am not able to bind the Spektrum satellites to my Spektrum receiver.

After starting the correct software and preparing for binding the satellites will not start blinking fast (indicating a bind process is active) after 10 sec interrupt of the Vbar power. I have tried all three Spektrum satellite selections with the same result.

The process:
Start the Vstabi 5,3, Press "setup" then "Create new setup" - I am selecting "spekrum satellites digital center" and press continue. Disconnect power from the Vbar for 10 + sec. and expect to bind when powering back up without success.

What am I missing here?

Kind regards
Willy

June 07, 2019 04:29PM
Hi,

only disconnect _very_ briefly, at best < 1 sec.
Only then, the VBar can memorize and output the bind signal, if the power cycle takes longer, it will initialize normally, not trigger the sats to bind.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
June 08, 2019 02:29PM
Hi,

Tried disconnecting briefly, less than 1sec without any changes. I can see one single flash in the spectrum satellite led when enabling power.

When selecting spectrum satellite in the setup drop-down menu i have no "bind" button, only "continue"
I have tried toggling power to the vbar both before and after pressing "continue"

I have added pictures of the two windows..

Very grateful for any further suggestions! :-)

Kind regards
Willy

RV
June 08, 2019 05:18PM
Is there something connected to RXC, signal pin?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
June 09, 2019 10:15AM
No, only ESC and power on RXB and satellites are connected..

I discovered that if starting the software without connecting USB, I can see the text and "bind" button. (See attached image)
As soon as I connect the Vbar, all text in this window disappears.

Kind regards
Willy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2019 01:18PM by Crowncastle.

RV
June 10, 2019 10:09AM
Okay - does it show the other protocols when selected and once power cycled?

Could you also attach the event log (get all entries)?

Rainer Vetter

June 11, 2019 09:23AM
Hi again,

did you install the Recovery firmware maybe, in the process? The unit has last been updated on 2013-01-26 15:13:21, so if you did, you are possibly outwitting yourselves—Recovery is only an empty shell, it will not work properly, so you would have to intstall 5.3 again.

For your convenience, I have enabled the update for the next 24 hours, please go File/Online Update, then try again.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2019 09:23AM by Eddi E. aus G..
June 21, 2019 07:47PM
Hi Eddi,

Thank you for sticking with me. Just returned from a longer business trip.

Please enable the online update again so I can download the proper 5.3 firmware :-)

Kind regards
Willy
RV
June 21, 2019 08:31PM
just have a look at our Vtube - there is a video how to do this:

https://uroehr.de/vtube/cat/old-v5-vbars-archive-

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2019 10:06PM by RV.
June 21, 2019 09:16PM
Hi,

I found the video showing how. I have not registered my device after receiving this and it is probably currently registered on the previous owner?
I am not able to receive a licensed file..

Sorry for being such a pain confused smiley

Kind regards
Willy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2019 09:46PM by Crowncastle.

RV
June 21, 2019 10:07PM
Well - there is a registration video in the link above too …

Click for V5 Videos

Rainer Vetter

June 21, 2019 11:46PM
Yes, thanks.

So, another obstacle..
Manually registering is not possible without previous owners email address or the log file. I do not have any of these unfortunately.

There is no "log" option under "info" in the Vstabi 5,3 software so I am no able to send the log (pdf) as proof of ownership..(See picture)
If picture of serial and additional references in this dialogue is sufficient as proof of ownership, please activate link for downloading the firmware.

You are welcome to control my computer via teamviewer or similar if this is an option?
If possible, please suggest time and date :-)

Willy
Dying to go flying

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2019 11:06AM by Crowncastle.

RV
June 22, 2019 11:05AM
Hello,

i say "we prefer a event log" - but having a look on the text at the registration allows also a screenshot upload.

As long as the request is not in my queue - i can't transfer it.

Quote:
Upload a new event log (pdf attachment), a setup file (vbr) or a pc software screenshot (with serial number, png, jpg) as proof of ownership for a manually transfer.

Rainer Vetter

June 22, 2019 11:16AM
Please find screenshot attached
Is this sufficient?

Willy

RV
June 22, 2019 11:22AM
Quote:
As long as the request is not in my queue - i can't transfer it.

The screenshot of the PC is well done - now file the transfer request in the online form with it ;-)

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2019 11:23AM by RV.
June 22, 2019 02:16PM
Everything is up to speed now :-)
smileys with beer

Thank you for your support!!
Even though this is an older version, transferred from another customer, dealing with all my newbie questions but sticking with me without tearing your hear off in public, I really must admire your teams support ability!

It will definitely be Mikado equipment on all my new helicopters in the future!

Kind regards
Willy
RV
June 22, 2019 05:13PM
Thanks for your patience! Have a beer now too ;-)

smileys with beer

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login