Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

vbar neo express 4945 convert to vlink4949

vbar neo express 4945 convert to vlink4949
May 15, 2019 02:36PM
Good evening! i have been given a standard neo to use in anew heli. however because i use vcontrol and want the setup to be as familiar as possible, could i get some guidance on converting the 4945 to the vlink neo?

would this also be possible by just purchasing a vsat and using one of them to get my vcontrol to talk to the standard neo controller?

Thanks,
mikado for life smiling smiley

Adam f
Re: vbar neo express 4945 convert to vlink4949
May 15, 2019 04:07PM
Hi Adam,

you can use a sat, but this way you have extra hardware, wiring, connections, and the receiver connected to the power bus of the servos can suffer from servo shenanigans like back voltage or voltage drops in power surges.

To convert a NEO, make sure it's a V2 (check the serial no., > approx. 20007600 and an addendum (no VLink) to the device type in your device list indicate that, as well as the connectors you can see on the main board, through the semi-transparent plastic.

Then, purchase the VLink Crossgrade from the App Store to enable the receiver, and add antenna wires, I would recommend the set 05062 wich includes a new case and labels, in case you accidentally break the closing tabs for example, upon opening the old case.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login