Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pro and/or Pro-Rescue firmware license transfer

Posted by johnahamelv 
Pro and/or Pro-Rescue firmware license transfer
October 21, 2018 11:24PM
Can a Pro and/or Pro-Rescue firmware license be transferred from one Neo unit to another Neo unit?
Re: Pro and/or Pro-Rescue firmware license transfer
October 22, 2018 08:22AM
If it is damaged yes, create a service request for this one.

Stephan
October 22, 2018 11:46AM
No. Not damaged. I have a Neo V1 with Pro/Rescue firmware. It is not damaged, but I would like to pass the firmware to a new Neo V2 I just purchased. How do I go about transferring the Pro/Rescue firmware from the old V1 unit to the new V2 unit?
October 22, 2018 11:50AM
Hi John,

first, this is the V5 forum, so expect your thread to be moved to the appropriate forum smiling smiley

2nd, a license is usually bound to a unit for it’s lifetime.
It can be transferred if it’s replaced for a reason, damage, warranty for example, _if_ the old unit is sent back to us _or if_ the old unit is downgraded (if still possible), then we mark the old unit defective and the customer can dispose of it properly—this is to save on shipping costs for the ‚physical body‘ … please excuse the maybe inappropriate pun.
For a transfer, we provide a personalized voucher code, which can be redeemed later at our App Store.

Moving licenses just so would create a hardly calculable additional workload for us, please understand.
And allowing licenses to be transferred by the customer would implicate dangers, because settings made in Pro or Pro+Rescue would or would not / no longer work in Express, and if you fly a model like that and are at the same time not aware or do not recall, ’things’ can happen.

That being said, I would recommend you create a service request for the V1 unit, and we can see what we can do.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 22, 2018 12:05PM
1) If the V5 forum is not the correct forum, which forum is the correct forum?

2) Both V1 units I have with the Pro/Rescue firmware have the the PCB board "lose" within the case. I believe I can purchase a Lynx aluminum case that can secure the PCB board more tightly, but since I just purchased some V2 units, I would prefer just to transfer the Pro/Rescue firmware to the V2 units and sell the V1 units without the Pro/Rescue firmware. So, the V1 units do not need disposing, but I just do not want to use them on my helis because of the lose PCB board.
October 22, 2018 12:24PM
Hi again,

the VBar NEO (non VLink) Forum or the Café would be, V5 are our legacy devices (Mini/Blueline/Silverline and similar), used with other radios than VBar Control, with the 5.3 PC Setup Software. But no worries, if you want to get to us, you do smiling smiley

If you would still want to use the V1 units, you could also get the regular replacement case (in case the case is the problem, worn, has seen some abuse, whatever). These cases still have some improvements over the 1st generation V1 cases, but to secure the main board properly, it's still good to additionally support the main board with some adhesive tape inside (to the back end).

If you want to sell the units, no prob, but please inform the new owner about the play, so he can take measures.

So please go 'My Devices' here, create a service request for the units, and we can see to it, as an exception.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 22, 2018 04:11PM
Thanks for the offer, but I decided to keep both of the V1 Neo's with the loose PBC board and just ordered a couple of V1 aluminum cases from Lynx. It is my understanding that those Lynx aluminum cases hold the PBC board pretty tightly. Unfortunately, quantities are limited on those V1 aluminum cases.

Thank you so much for all your help.
February 14, 2019 04:11AM
Do you have a link to the Lynx V1 cases? I do not see them anywhere.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login