Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trying to upgrade mini vbar to V6 for vcontrol

Posted by DaweMD 
Trying to upgrade mini vbar to V6 for vcontrol
February 11, 2018 11:06PM
I was hoping someone could help me. I had the mini vbar in one of my planes but decided to ditch the plane and go back to a small heli. I had updated the firmware to V6 so I could run with Vcontrol.

I reloaded the recovery firmware, than loaded the 5.3 pro software. However when I try to load the V6 firmware it started to go than locks up and gives me the attached error. I have reloaded the revovery firmware a few times and have requested a new key each time.

I am running windows 10 as well. Everything worked fine when it was in the plane with the vcontrol but getting it back to heli vcontrol has been a real pain.

Thanks guys,
Mike Dawe

Thank You
Mike Dawe

Re: Trying to upgrade mini vbar to V6 for vcontrol
February 11, 2018 11:19PM
from what I see in other posts it looks like a counter needs to be reset?

Thank You
Mike Dawe
February 12, 2018 09:31AM
Hi Mike,

you seem to have done a couple of firmware updates on Feb. 11th so I'm not sure if the issue still persists.

I have enabled the updates for you again, so you can go File/Online Update directly during the next 24 hours.
After that, you would need a new license key (free of charge) from www.vstabi.info again.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 13, 2018 04:06AM
Thanks Eddi, I will give it a try and report back. One other question do I connect the vcontrol receiver while updating or after?

Thank You
Mike Dawe
February 13, 2018 06:59AM
Worked like a charm - all good now. Thanks!

Thank You
Mike Dawe
February 13, 2018 08:47AM
Hi Mike,

just to tie up loose ends, you may only connect one means of communication at a time, either USB or a receiver sat, bluetooth module or control panel.
Both share the same communication circuit and would interfere.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login