Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Control Manager Mac Version

Posted by Mike14755 
Control Manager Mac Version
September 17, 2017 10:58PM
I have tried the workarounds suggested by the help Files I can get the Neo software to open but the control Manger always state damaged file move to Trash.
Any suggestions ?.
Re: Control Manager Mac Version
September 18, 2017 09:38AM
Hi Mike,

the latest one is in our FAQ.

Apple keeps tightening it's security, so developers have it more difficult with every update unless they register with Apple and pay a fee.
But as long as it's not ultimately necessary to comply, we would like to keep it the way it is, to keep the software free of charge.

It's a one-time action you have to perform, after that you can set it back to what it was and the software will keep running, also if you update macOS eventually.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2017 09:39AM by Eddi E. aus G..
November 17, 2017 11:45PM
I'm not as techie as I need to be so i may need some help

Do I open the file from the apple setup ? in the Security and Privacy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2017 11:45PM by rotorsport.
November 20, 2017 09:15AM
Hi,

no, you start the software, the Mac prompts (and takes a note, virtually speaking).

Then you go to the Security panel and allow the use of the software (it's a one time thing, after that it will run whenever you start it).

If it can't be allowed (menu entry missing), you would have to go this way:

Quote:
read me.txt
In case your Mac prompts
'VBar Control Manager can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer'
or
'VBar Control Manager is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the trash',
please follow this little guide:
. Copy VBar Control Manager to your /Applications directory
. Open System Preferences
. Select Security
. Click the lock to make changes, enter your admin password
. Temporarily select 'Allows apps downloaded from:' and 'Anywhere'
.. In case this option is not available (macOS Sierra), please open Utilities/Terminal, and type or copy-paste sudo spctl --master-disable
.. Hit Enter
.. Enter your password, hit Enter
.. Now quit and start System Preferences again, now the option is available under Security
. Open VBar Control Manager
. Set your Security settings back to e.g. 'Mac App Store and identified developers'
. Now the VBar Control Manager will always start without this workaround
.. after this has been done once, you can revert the System Preferences with sudo spctl --master-enable in Terminal (see above)

I can offer to help online, using TeamViewer, in a remote session, or depending on where you live our U.S. support can, they are on a different time zone so which may help.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
November 21, 2017 04:53AM
Thanks all for the help you guys and gals got it working

Thanks
Charles
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login