Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How is the RPM in bailout idle mode determined ?

Posted by 666yeti666 
How is the RPM in bailout idle mode determined ?
February 13, 2017 12:47PM
Dear Ulrich,
I have a question about the following :
I have programmed the bailout idle in governor mode for my 3 heli’s (more info below).
It works flawless, however what I see is that the RPM in idle mode is different between the Compass (~550rpm) and the Goblin (~770rpm), despite that they have the same motor and speedcontroller. (Gaui is in the range of the Goblin). It is measured without the mainblades on it.
I understood that the rpm in idle bailout mode cannot be programmed by the user. My question is : how is the rpm in idle mode determined ? Is there a workaround to change it somehow ?

Compass 7HV : Compass sz4926 motor + Jeti Mezon 130 esc
Goblin 700 : Compass sz4926 motor + Jeti Mezon 130 esc
Gaui X7 : Xnova XTS 4535+ Robbe Roxxy 120A

Vstabi pro (blue) with separate sensor on all heli’s

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards
Sebastien
RV
Re: How is the RPM in bailout idle mode determined ?
February 13, 2017 06:52PM
Quote:
Is there a workaround to change it somehow ?

it is a fixed value. So - if you lower the "motor off" value in Gov2 Tab - it will be lowered too ...

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
February 13, 2017 07:08PM
thanks. So the reason why I see different rpm's in idle bailout is because the calibration of the motor-off of the different ESC's is different ... ?

regards
Sebastien

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2017 07:15PM by 666yeti666.
RV
February 13, 2017 07:18PM
Many variables ... different ESC, different throttle endpoints, different internal ESC PWM handling, Timing, frequency, gear ratio, load etc ....

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
February 13, 2017 07:41PM
ok. And is there a reason why you didn't give the option for the user to program a defined rpm during idle bailout ?
Is this still the same for the latest Neo version ?
RV
February 13, 2017 08:13PM
Well - in case of less parameters and processing power - no chance on a legacy Vbar.
In a NEO - it is accessible in pro for all gov's.

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login