Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

vbar software on windows 8 - changing window size

Posted by Bugcatcher 
vbar software on windows 8 - changing window size
June 26, 2015 01:49PM
Hi,

Just installed the vbar software on a windows 8 laptop with a high resolution and having problems getting the window to display correctly.

Having 2 main problems.

1. I cannot scale the window, on high res screens the software is a very small window and is hard to use.

2. The bottom part of the software is missing and cannot select the window edges to adjust the size of the window.

Has anyone seen this. Surely Mikado can make the software screen adjustable, or have a font size setting for laptops with small screens. I have actually had this problem with 2 different computers. My Microsoft Surface Pro 2 and now a friends Toshiba Ultrabook.

Any help would be great.

RV
Re: vbar software on windows 8 - changing window size
June 26, 2015 05:16PM
Quote:
The bottom part of the software is missing and cannot select the window edges to adjust the size of the window.

This is a direct result of a setting in your PC - you may possibly use more than 100% font size ...

Set the font size to 100% and decrease the display resolution.

Anyway - we are working on multiple resolutions for the upcoming V6 for NEO.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
December 08, 2016 12:18PM
Is there already a solution to this problem?
I'm using VStabi 5.3 and Windows 10 and reducing the screens resolution is not an option.
RV
December 08, 2016 04:58PM
Nope - this is a feature on V6 only.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
November 14, 2020 05:53PM
Hi. I struck this same issue (including with the Neo software... not being able to see the whole Neo program window)

For me it was a very easy fix (Windows 10) - maybe this will work for others?

Right click on the VStabi Neo shortcut on your desktop and click "Properties". Go to "Compatibility" (if you can't see this, this answer won't work for you). Click on Override High DPI Scaling Behavior. Next choose 'System' from the drop down menu.

Done.... now you should see the full Neo program window :-) And you do not need to change any global settings on your PC...
RV
November 14, 2020 09:32PM
Thanks - i will check and probably add a guide with screenshots to the FAQ.

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login