Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Elevator/Pitch issue?

Posted by LeHeli 
Elevator/Pitch issue?
January 21, 2011 06:00AM
Hi,

Having problems with Mini V-bar, tried everything, can’t work it out...Help!

Equipment as follows:

Helicopter - trex 600 ccpm (two front servos & one rear - Ch2 left side / Ch3 right side / Ch1 rear according to v-bar swash plate diagram HR3)

Radio - futaba 12fg

Receiver - futaba 7ch / r617fs (I am assuming this is classified as a standard receiver)

Mini v-bar v5 express - mounted upside down with wires facing front of heli.

v-bar connected exactly as per diagrams provided, TX model set to helicopter swash H1 everything neutral, no mixing sub-trim etc....

wires connected with negative to top side of v-bar unit, and patch cable from RCA (ail elev rud) connected to receiver ch1 ail, ch2 elev, & ch4 rud with single cables to positive side on receiver.

Problems as follows:

Problem 1: When connected as per diagram for standard receiver, elevator responds when collective is inputted, and vice versa. The only way I found to resolve this after all efforts were exhausted, is to switch channel 2 & 3 connection....that is connect front left servo to v-bar Ch3, & front right servo to v-bar ch2 instead of 2 into 2 & 3 into 3 as per instructions.

Problem 2: After doing this, all control surfaces seem to move the correct way. What I found though after completing this set up, is v-bar does not move swash plate in opposite direction when I tilt helicopter forward & back, it moves the same way!!

So in summary the swashplate reacts correctly when tilting the helicopter, but elevator & pitch are not responding to correct input with problem 1, & with problem 2, all inputs are correct from TX to swashplate, but swashplate does not react the opposite way when helicopter is tilted forward and back only....side to side OK.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Elie.
RV
Re: Elevator/Pitch issue?
January 21, 2011 06:41AM
Lets sort this out ...

First (for 2-) DON't mount or set anything in anothe way than shown / set on the pc software. If this is needed there is a error in the setup. 100% for sure ;-)

To No1:

Hookup like described in our image and lets have a look at the bars in live menu (TX calibration) only. Are they moving in the right way, is there only one bar moving on a single stick movement? Which colours do they have on ail right, tail right, pos. coll and elev nose down?

If not the right bar moves ... have a look at the TX servo display what the TX does. Maybe you got the wrong stickmode in TX ;-(

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
January 21, 2011 09:37AM
Hi Rainer,

I have hooked up exactly as per diagram - confirming:
servo 123 into corresponding v-bar ch 123
tail servo into rd
rxc into receiver ch5
rxb into receiver ch 6 (pitch)
rxa into receiver ch 124
kontronic jive esc master into receiver ch3, slave into 7/battery

collective bar moving correct way as stick on radio, but swash plate moves opposite way! positive collective colour blue.

aileron right bar moving correct way as stick on radio, but swash plate again opposite - left! aileron bar colours - rc blue, I green

rudder everything correct - rc blue, I green

elevator nose down (push) stick movement same as bar, but swash plate again opposite - rc blue I green

TX servo reverse menu as follows:

ch1 ail norm
ch2 ele rev
ch3 throttle rev
ch4 ruder norm
ch5 gyro norm
ch6 pitch rev

I can reverse ail, elev, & pitch to fix swash movement, but then live menu bars move opposite to radio stick.

when tilting helicopter swash is now moving the same direction both for elev & ail !!- rudder OK

what do you think Rainer?

Cheers,
Elie.
RV
January 21, 2011 01:20PM
Please ... don't watch the heli to adjust the bars! - Wacth only the TX adjustment step for this.

That confuses me ...

- Set TX acoording to bars if not done
- save setup file
- attach file here
- attach a overview image of the heli (should shoe sensor and complete main head

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
January 23, 2011 02:32AM
Ok files and pictures attached.
Please note the pictures of the head will show no linkages to the swash, as I have now taken the push pull system out of the heli, and will replace it with direct link to swash, like I have done with all my other helies, which fly fantastic!! on v4 black sensor....first time trying mini v-bar v5 express, I was expecting it to be much easier to set up! I am hoping I have made a mistake and you or someone will work it out, but I am now starting to suspect that I may have a faulty unit...don't know??

Cheers,
Elie.

Attachments:
open | download - Trex600MiniV-Bar.vbr (5.2 KB)
January 27, 2011 10:08AM
I have attached pics & file as requested....have not heard from you RV?
Do you see anything wrong in set up?

Cheers,
Elie.
RV
January 27, 2011 12:55PM
Sorry, i have forgot to look on your file ;-(

The file and this pictures match. So there should be no problem. can you try again on the bench after completeing the heli?

If you still will get the reaction at the wrong side, maybe we can analyse this by remote diagnostics and phone.

Rainer Vetter

January 29, 2011 11:37PM
The collective issue should be solved by reversing channel 6 in the tx.

Live menu bars and the left/right/up/down should match the stick.. if they dont, reverse the channel on the tx. remember its H1, no need to reverse all three.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login