Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to set tail gain on transmitter v5.3 pro

Posted by brianapp 
how to set tail gain on transmitter v5.3 pro
April 14, 2015 06:09AM
There are several places to set the tail gyro gain and I am not sure which one is being used or how to get the transmitter to set it. ON the first page of the setup software it has a box for main rotor and one for tail rotor. In the tail rotor box it has a slider for gyro gain. OK. Now if you click the expert button you see setting for p and I gain. Generally the P gain is consider the main gain setting but none of these values P or I equal the gain slider set on the basic menu. Which one does the vbar use and why when I move the slider on the basic menu doesn't it change anything on the expert menu? We have changed the gain havent we? Then there is the gain on my transmitter. I can move that all around and see the AUX channel move on the live display but it doesn't change any of the gain values. How can I make my TX gain the one the gyro uses? In Beast you selected weather you wanted the beast or you transmitter to set the gains but I don't see an option like that in vbar.

What exactaly do the style and agility sliders change? Rotational rate, expo, direct feed forward? Again when I move these sliders nothing changes in the expert menu. Which values are used?
RV
Re: how to set tail gain on transmitter v5.3 pro
April 14, 2015 07:51AM
Ok - first Gain, P and I:

Our gain on the front page is a multiplier for both, P and I.

Then - TX:

As you have the Slider in the display - the TX channel is not responsible for the gain.
If you want to use the TX channel - select "Gyro-TX" in the right dropdown for the bans.
Now the assigned channel for AUX/Gyro in RX tab is working as gain.
You will see a blue bar instead of the slider.
The values shown there are the gains - whatever might be needed in TX for useful values.
Modes in TX have NO Mode effect in VBar - they only assign a different channel range (relict from GY 401)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
April 14, 2015 08:16AM
Oh, so the expert sets the ratio between the P and I and the main gain multiplies them both by their ratio. Now I see the TX gain. I never would have thought to look in the "banks" as I don't have an extra channel to activate that.
Solved.
Thanks.
April 14, 2015 08:18AM
Is there a list of what the "style" and "agility" slides actualy do or settings that they change?
RV
April 14, 2015 12:54PM
You may find a description by hovering with your mouse over the sliders / fields.

Did you have a look there?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login