Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mini Vbar not connecting to computer

Posted by smyster 
Mini Vbar not connecting to computer
March 04, 2015 11:47AM
Hi, I am having difficulty connecting my Mini Vbar to the computer. I have loaded the software and drivers and I can get the "USB" symbol to turn Green. But, the "no connection" message always stays Red and I cannot get it to turn Green. The drivers are working correctly because when I look at them in Device Manager it says "the device is working properly". There aren't any error messages in the device manager for the driver loaded. None the less I have reloaded the two drivers in the software many times but still cannot get the "no connection" message to disappear. I have been following Mr Mel's videos step by step with USB cable plugged into the Mini vbar and the computer (which makes the USB turn "Green"') but when I connect my ESC to power and power the Mini Vbar the "no connection" status stays Red. The V symbol on the Mini Vbar is flashing slowly when powered by the ESC. I have deactivated the anti virus software. I have tried this Mini Vbar now on 3 computers - one Windows XP, one Windows Vista 32 bit operating system and one Windows 7 64 bit operating system. All 3 computers have the same problem - drivers working properly but I cannot get the "no connection" status to change to Green. I have now exhausted all my options, Mr Mels videos, youtube videos, Helifreak forum. I don't know what else to do to be able to use my Mini Vbar. And I have the ESC (with internal BEC) plugged into RXB with the Black wire at the top of the Mini Vbar and the White wire at the bottom as in the instructions. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong? Or is it a faulty Mini Vbar?
Re: Mini Vbar not connecting to computer
March 04, 2015 02:01PM
Hi,

if USB connects properly, the driver part is OK. If the VBar is blinking, it's powered up.

Did you try a different USB wire, too?

How does it show up in the Device Manager from Windows? The PID would be of interest.

It's always possible that the Mini VBar is damaged, e.g. by a short circuit to the Bluetooth/Control Panel connector next to the USB connector, when the VBar was already powered up when plugging in USB. But then, it usually connects for 5-10 secs, then the connection breaks again.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Re: Mini Vbar not connecting to computer
March 05, 2015 11:13AM
Thank you very much for your response Eddi. Today I went to my last resort and initiated the recovery procedure on vstabi and I'm pleased to report that this "Worked". The recovery procedure has now connected my Mini Vbar. I have also just loaded up the latest firmware too so all is well. This has been a painful 5 days but I'm wrapped that I've finally resolved this issue. Just wish I'd run the recovery procedure earlier now. Thanks again mate. Cheers Jason
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login