Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vbar Neo , Rescue function crashed helicopter when activated

Posted by super G 
Vbar Neo , Rescue function crashed helicopter when activated
July 11, 2022 11:58AM
Hi can anyone help please,

Setup the rescue function on my vbar, X=0 Y=0 Z=99 when heli sitting horizontal. I calibrated the setting on the vbar.

the next setting was left at the default 65, and I didnt use any of the beginner settings just used the precision and Rescue.

I tested on bench and everything seemed ok, ( i got the expected behaviour from the swash )

I setup the rescue as Rescue- only with precision selected as I had no other errors in vbar, low vibration a part from 3d flights of course.

However, when I had a need to use the rescue function, I got the rescue started message and the helicopter did not self level in part that is to say it went from inverted to upright, but then it shot off on some weird sharp angle to the right and crashed hard onto the deck, obviously this is not what I expected to happen.

I have trawled site but apart from the information I have supplied I cant find any other help for what has happened,

Flying for 10 years plus I shouldn't need to invoke the rescue feature however when I did I wish I hadn't

The logs dont show anything unexpected rescue start rescue end etc. the behaviour of the rescue function does not seem like what I should have expected A RESCUE not a CRASH.

Can someone help me please I dont know what else to say at this point

Super G
Re: Vbar Neo , Rescue function crashed helicopter when activated
July 11, 2022 01:02PM
Hi,

first, I'm sorry to hear.

May I ask for some more information, please?
What model and power unit, what style of flying, how long into the flight, such things?
It's not quite clear, also, was it a newly set up model or VBar, or a model and VBar which had been flying perfectly and for quite some time before?

And can you please attach the log file of the flight, so we can check the entries in the sequence of events?

If the Rescue status is OK, on the ground, after power up, and if it stays that way (say, values and ball don't start to wander off), the accelerometers supposedly are OK.
So if Rescue goes the wrong way later, it's likely that the sensors got roughed up during the time in between.
Vibration entries in the log are measured at the gyros and must not necessarily mirror the ones potentially affecting the accelerometers.

What radio are you using? Because if Touch, there's an App with which you can track vibration on all separate sensors, and where we could see the overall levels, which could help interpreting.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login