Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible to set VBCt/NEO to non-heading hold

Posted by Carl 
Is it possible to set VBCt/NEO to non-heading hold
March 23, 2022 10:57AM
You usually power up a helicopter and then carry the helicopter to the take-off pad. When you power up the heli with the tail at heading hold, moving it to another location will have the tendency to move the tail out of the neutral position (or center position). When you take off, the tail will sway a bit to one side until heading hold stops it and you just have to put a rudder input to move it back.

To fix the movement of the tail from its neutral position after you lay it down at the take-off pad (using other radios/recievers); is to configure a switch that you can flip to non-heading hold and then return it to heading hold. This will reset the tail to neutral position so when you take off, it will lift at that position and will just hold the tail without swaying a bit.

I am wondering if it is possible to configure a switch in the VBar Control Touch/NEO to switch to non-heading hold and then back to heading hold before you take off. This way the tail neutral (or center position) will be reset.
Re: Is it possible to set VBCt/NEO to non-heading hold
March 23, 2022 11:43AM
Hi Carl,

this sounds so so 90's to me ... you have the tail stick at your fingertips anyway.
Just look at the tail rotor after you put the model on the ground, and steer it to center (or almost), job done.
When the model spools up, you hear and see what the tail does, do some tiny inputs, and off you go, no sway or kick.

Non-heading hold—in my opinion—also only makes sense if you adjust your tail in a way so it's center counters the torque at lifting off well enough, else you will also have sway or kick when the sensors pick up the motion ... on the ground the sensors can not feel the motion of the model anyway.

You could dial down the integrator (I parameter, heading hold parameter) in one bank, but you'd have to use I-discharge, too, so values accumulated in the meantime (during carrying your model out) bleed off to zero. Else, if you switch back to heading hold, you'd have your kick then ^^

But again, you have the stick, use it winking smiley nothing simpler than that.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
AG
June 25, 2022 09:52AM
...in better FBL systems they just drop the integral while the motor is off - a lot simpler than guessing with the stick where is neutral while the skids are hooked in the grass.
RV
June 26, 2022 11:12AM
Okay - but has a disadvantage when doing a "Real" AR with Motor Off in wht you are used to move the sticks on a heli with dirven tail in AR.

So - our decision is to keep it as it is. Even on my 2.40m turbine scale ship not a biggie to watch the tail and correct once before taking off.

But - if someone wants to have a non-HH Bank - just dial in the I Discharge (zeroing Integral would not be useful, use the discharge) to e.g. 5. Now switch to this bank at the spoolup, switch to another for flying.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login