Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to add user screen

Posted by Carl 
How to add user screen
March 21, 2022 08:52PM
Hi,

I followed the steps on how to add a user screen, but the user screen does not appear. I have attached the steps I followed to achieve this. The second attachment is the actual result. Please help identify what am I doing wrong.

Regards,
Carl

RV
Re: How to add user screen
March 21, 2022 09:05PM
You watched a guide for VBC (left image) and not VBCt (right image) ;-)

This one explains for VBCt:

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/2305

;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2022 09:05PM by RV.
March 21, 2022 09:23PM
Hi Rainer,

Thanks for the clarification.

Does that mean that it is not possible to add a new screen in the VBar Control Touch? We can only edit the screen provided by the factory?

Regards,
Carlou
RV
March 22, 2022 06:14AM
Hello Carlou,

no - this means you didn't watch my videos linked above ;-)

Quote:
This one explains for VBCt:

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/2305

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
March 22, 2022 08:52AM
Hi,

it's simply different.

On the classic, you had to create, edit and save a file, then assign it to a model, or to banks there.

On Touch you edit the screen of each model directly on the screen, and it's saved on the radio.
You can delete all default screen items simply by long-tapping them, for their respective context menu, or you can move them around as you like, drag and drop.

You always start from the default screen, which is an improvement: on the classic, if you wanted the standard screen to be part of your set of screens for banks, you'd have had to make your own.

For the menu-item oriented folks, we could add a menu item, but ... my phone or tablet doesn't have it, either, I long-tap, then I start editing ...

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
March 23, 2022 10:38AM
Thanks for all the replies. Maybe I was just used to Open TX wherein you can create more screen(s) at will.

Is it possible to enhance the possibility to add your own screen in future releases?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2022 11:06AM by Carl.
March 23, 2022 11:22AM
Hi Carl,

I'm still not getting it, imo it's all there.

You can edit your screens (then, they become your own screens), you can do that directly on the screen, and you can manage your screens with the Settings dialog, if you want to use individual screens per bank, or per throttle setting. There, you can also create new panels, name them, assign them.

You could even copy/paste the files, using a computer, via USB, from one model to another.

To get the hang of it, just do it.

Or watch Rainer's videos winking smiley if you haven't already done so.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
March 23, 2022 11:30AM
Hi Eddi,

Thanks for your guidance. I will watch the video again and follow it slowly.

Regards,
Carl
March 23, 2022 11:47AM
Hi Carl,

do that, and ... just play with it. It becomes clear when you use it winking smiley we're more the pragmatic type here, leave studying and hefty manuals to others smiling smiley

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login