Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kolibri 140 lv and silverline full size. Strange behavior after update

Posted by Dboi80 
Kolibri 140 lv and silverline full size. Strange behavior after update
August 10, 2021 10:00PM
Hi
I have some strange behavior. I had this setup working fine before updating esc.

Kolibri 140 lv and scorp 4025-1100.pinion 16. silverline vbar. Vbar control(not touch)Throttle output about 68-72% HS 1950-2200
Motor and esc became very hot, so hot that esc shut down hard once.
Changed to 15 thoot pinion, but still hotter than I like. Fan was not on beacause I had som trouble with telemetry on the front port with manual programming.
Bought a prog unit and adjusted and updatet the esc. Now it goes to full speed and I can read the hs in the radio, about 2700. to get aqquiered headspeed I need to go very low on th% in the radio. about 33-40% This equates to 2000-2200. It was not like this before the update.
Radio is also updatet and I have redone setup on both radio and esc mutiple times. Can I fly like this? Any ideas why the throttle output suddenly needs to go so low?
RV
Re: Kolibri 140 lv and silverline full size. Strange behavior after update
August 10, 2021 11:07PM
Keep note programming a Kontronik ESC in Mode 1 sets Endpoints.

So - dial them to +-100 in VBar, Program ESC Mode 1 and then Mode 4.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
August 11, 2021 11:45AM
Hi,

what heli is it? The pinion could alone does not tell the whole story, for example, if you setup is still too hot for your requested head speed.

If the ESC was too much in partial load (e.g. PWM really only 33-40 %, for 2,200 1/min), and if you were putting load on it, drawing high amps, no wonder it would become hot to the point where it shuts off, for self-protection.

Then one tooth less would possibly still not be enough.

Kind regards

Edd

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
August 12, 2021 08:30PM
Sorry forgot to say it`s a logo 550sx.
Problem solved with the programming. Had to stick program mode 1 and 4, so the prog unit isn`t really worth it, since it screws with the endpoints.
The batteries where a little old, so better with new batteries, less amp draw.

I noticed the mah counting is a little off, it say`s that starting voltage is 21v and end voltage is 23v. Is this normal. 6s is what I use
RV
August 13, 2021 06:38AM
Hmmm ... we usually log what the ESC dekivers. Could you have a look at the voltage approx. 10s after turning on the model? Is there a higher Voltage reported than the "starting" one?

If yes - i might try this here too ...

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login