Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Macro cell setup help

Posted by ve7nly 
Macro cell setup help
February 22, 2021 05:51AM
Hi all,
I'm looking for some help with setting up the macros in my Neo.

I have a scale heli that I want to install a pan and tilt search light onto. What I would like to do is get the light to do an automatic pan and tilt, so all I have to do is use a switch to turn it on and off. However, there is a bit of a twist that I also need. When the search light is tilted down, it's reaches below the landing gear. So when I turn the automatic pan and tilt function off, I need it to move to a preset point that tucks the light away so I can safely land.

Secondly, the light is supposed to be able to be turned on remotely however, it does a cycle between Off, on, and flashing. In order to do that, I need to cycle a switch on and off 3 times. What I would like to do is assign the pan and tilt, return to landing position, and turn the light on and off, all with the same switch. My thought is to assign this to the buddy box switch. The momentary on could cycle the light on and off (and flashing), the center could be the landing tucked away position, and the bottom would be the auto pan and tilt.

So, is this all possible? If so, how do I do this? I've watched all of the macro videos that talk about similar functions, and I've spent hours trying to figure out how to do this, but I still haven't been able to figure out how to get it to work like this. Anyone know how to do it?

Thanks.

Darren
RV
Re: Macro cell setup help
February 22, 2021 06:04AM
Nice tsak!

I'll try later this evening, i think we just need some triggers and probably a oscillator. Should the light move continiously when it is "On" or just go into a defined position?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
February 22, 2021 04:53PM
Thanks Rainer,
I would like to have the pan and tilt moving the entire time that I'm flying, except for take off and landing. I want to have the light tucked in its takeoff/landing format when taking off. Once the heli is in the air, then I want to turn the light on and start the pan and tilt. Once I'm ready for landing I would stop the pan and tilt and it would return to the take off/landing position. I could then turn the light itself off and then finally land.

Hopefully that makes sense?
RV
February 22, 2021 04:56PM
Got it.... will post a video later ;-)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
RV
February 22, 2021 05:31PM
Here we go ...

https://uroehr.de/vtube/video/light-pan-tilt

Rainer Vetter

February 22, 2021 05:47PM
Rainer,
I think that's exactly what I'm looking for. I think I was overcomplicating it. I'll try it tonight when I get back home from work. Thanks.

Darren
February 23, 2021 03:08AM
It worked!! I did have one issue though. It turns out the light doesn't turn on in the way that I thought it was. It requires the switch to be turned on and off in order to cycle between on and off. Basically I need to turn the light on, and it flashes. Then I turn the light off again. Then I turn the light on again and it stays on. This means that I need to assign it to a switch that stays in the position rather than a momentary on like I thought I could use. It's very annoying as that means that I have to assign the light to another switch, which I didn't really want to do. Otherwise it's working well! I can nicely adjust the speed of the pan and tilt as well as return the light to the park position so I can safely take off and land. It's pretty much exactly how I wanted. Thanks Rainer. You solved my issue. As I suspected, I made it far more complicated than I needed to.

Here's a quick video showing it working! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoPbbGbhMgA

Now I need to do a couple of other small things and I can mount it back on the helicopter again.

Darren
RV
February 23, 2021 06:09AM
Well done mate!

WOuld it be okay when the light is on while moving only? (I could probably try to create a "double action" so it turnes steady on) - not sure, but worth a try.

Rainer Vetter

February 23, 2021 06:44AM
Rainer,
That might be interesting to try. So you're saying that it might turn on,off,on and stay on all automatically when I start the pan and tilt?

Darren
RV
February 23, 2021 10:53PM
I couldn't mange this but found a solution to toggle with the momentary position ;-)

Simple ... use a oscillator as squarewave with the shortest times you can ... toggle requires approx. 0.5 seconds which will be ok for a light.

Rainer Vetter

February 24, 2021 02:05AM
Would that keep the light in the "on" position? The reason why I had to switch it to a normal toggle switch is because I need to leave it in the "on" position in order to keep the light on. The servo output needs to stay at the 100% position in order to stay turned on. Unfortunately that means that I have to actually cycle the switch on and off in order to get through the flashing setting before i can turn it on.
RV
February 24, 2021 06:04AM
Yes - it does it, just connect a servo for a test and see. It is a bit a question of timing (The switch runs the oscillator, and releasing it will stop at the given output) but works.

Rainer Vetter

February 25, 2021 01:00AM
Ok. I'm just in the middle of reinstalling the light back onto the scale heli. It's been off for a few years. Once it's back mounted on I'll try that out.
February 27, 2021 03:17AM
Hi Rainer,
I just tried your setting with the oscillator to turn the light on and off. It made the light do a lot of weird flashing instead.

Darren
February 27, 2021 05:57AM
The searchlight is installed and working on my scale heli!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_tJ9hf_nlY

Darren
RV
February 27, 2021 10:07AM
The first bucket search light worldwide ;-)

Well done!

Rainer Vetter

March 01, 2021 11:22AM
Did you find something in there?

grinning smiley

Reminds me of a photo of a guy with a flashlight, inside a blue "tupperware" toilet spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
In-joke for Rainer winking smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login