Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VbcT tail setup.. Help..

Posted by Christo074 
VbcT tail setup.. Help..
October 10, 2020 02:34PM
Hi, im trying to figure out and tweak my tail on my new 3 bladed Kraken.. It seems to hold well, but, every time i do a piro flip it has a whipping affect.. I did some research and found that it has to do with the i gain not being setup rite, ive tried adjusting it a few times in order to figure it out, but i cant seem to get it correct.. any help is much appreciated.. thanks Chris
RV
Re: VbcT tail setup.. Help..
October 10, 2020 07:17PM
Hello Chris,

on which axis does it whip? Is it on cyclic (e.g. at the stop of the flip) or is it the yaw?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 11, 2020 03:19AM
Hi Rainer, Its the Yaw axis, rite in the middle of my flip as im spinning around.. Also, i have thoroughly checked my mechanics on it, nothing seems to be loose or binding, i have lubed everything so the slider is quite smooth.. not sure what else to do. Im going to double check things again tomorrow and make sure its not mechanical..

The Weird thing is, is that when i initially flew it, maddened it, it didn't do it for the first say 10 flights.. only then it started..

My setup is:
MKS X8 servos
Xnova 4530 525kv motor
Kosmik 200
2000rpm
RV
October 11, 2020 10:41AM
So - the effect is you have a little tail move left/right then? Should the tail stop there or are you still moving it by stiick?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 11, 2020 01:07PM
Hi Rainer, No, im holding say left rudder doing a piro, but every time i flip it, as doing a piro flip all consistently while in the middle of the flip it looks like it kicks or whips fast in that direction.. Kinda like a slight delay and then it kicks.. thanks Chris
RV
October 11, 2020 02:42PM
For me then it looks like a tail thrust problem.

The kick comes this way:

There is a rate request by stick - and the heli can't follow it at the "slow down" point. The Integral charges a bit up - and as soon as thrust is available - it moves the tail with the integral.

Could you please check thrust bearings, tail servo, Tail throw etc.

Are you sure it is in a CCW piro direction (which unloads the tail and works with the torque of main rotor on a CW heli)?

Rainer Vetter

October 11, 2020 06:38PM
Hi Rainer, Yes, Im sure its CCW.. Ill take it apart and revisit things looking at all the bearing etc.. thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2020 06:41PM by Christo074.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login