Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kraken fbl support

Posted by Debruhl42 
Kraken fbl support
February 19, 2020 01:00AM
Hello
All was wondering what works the best for the fbl support I see there are like 4 picks ,I have heard that the one with the rubber works good,I have heard also the the aluminum support works good also?
Any input would be great?
Thank you
Den
Re: Kraken fbl support
February 19, 2020 10:22AM
Hi Den,

we have only 2nd hand info, reports, we have not done any 1st hand testing.

Bottom line(s) we can draw so far, no guarantee, though:

With the Option 3 FBL support, issues with drift on the swash plate, caused by the inherent vibration levels on some/most/all models, seem to be fixed on most models.
You may still expect IMU-Z-Axis-issues, and you may expect issues with the Rescue sensors loosing orientation over time.

With Option 4, vibration levels in the place where the FBL is mounted seem to be even less.
A customer from Australia reported he had no IMU-Z-Axis entries in the log any more, using the 65 Shore dampeners and without the extra/optional brass weight.
This is only one (!) feedback out of numerous complaints and service requests, from the others I didn't hear a word again, good or bad.

But since there were models without any issues, even before Option 3 and Option 4, I would not dare generalizing. The different supports are only different approaches on the symptoms, and not all models seem to show the symptoms with the same severity. I think the cause is always there, obviously, but sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 19, 2020 11:17AM
Thanks Eddi I will let you know how the Option 4 that is what I am going to use .
March 26, 2020 06:32PM
Hi
Option 4 Work great without the weight !
Rescue work good also !
No issues at all good to go with option 4!
March 27, 2020 11:32AM
Thx Debruhl42
One more Question - witch rubber do you use??? 55 oder 65 ??? Thanks posting your information !!!
March 27, 2020 11:42AM
Are you talking rudder servo?
What do you mean by 55 or 65 ?
Denny
March 27, 2020 12:18PM
BLS276SV for Heli rudder
March 27, 2020 12:39PM
Sorry About my "too short" Question …

Mount Option 4 (SAB part number H1188-S) has two diffrent rubber shore and one brass weight inside …
a) Which rubber have you mounted? There is "Rubber 65 shore" - "harder version" (HC573-S) and a "Rubber 55 shore" = "softer version" (HC-572-S) ...
b) Did you use the brass weight too?
Thx - Geri
March 27, 2020 12:45PM
Hi
I use 65 without the brass weight. This work’s with Rescue also.
Denny

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2020 10:36AM by Debruhl42.
March 27, 2020 12:50PM
Thx for sharing smileys with beer
March 27, 2020 12:57PM
Glad to helpsmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2020 12:58PM by Debruhl42.
March 30, 2020 10:18AM
Hi guys,

feedback 2nd hand from a customer from Australia: option 4 w/ 65 shore and w/o brass weight works for him, too, has even less or no IMU z-axis entries / any more. I don't know if he's using Rescue, though.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login