Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vario EC135 1:6

Posted by p1andy 
Vario EC135 1:6
February 10, 2020 08:56PM
Hello all,
I am currently in the process of setting up/tuning an electirc Vario EC135 which is newly built and had two test hovers so far. What i am struggling with is the governor settings as the headspeed is all over the place right now.

The heli was initially set up with -10/+10 degrees collective before dialling the pitch curve back in the VBC to achieve -2/+10degrees with 4degrees mid stick.

For the governor i have selected to use the eGov and set the motor poles & ratios (motor poles doubled & ratio halved due to the 12.70 limit in the VBC) in the VBC with a commanded headspeed of 1140rpm. When on the test hover i went through the usual tuning procedure to set the governor basic throttle/collective add. I set the pitch stick to where 0 degrees was seen at the blades and spooled up with no gov gain/integral and dialled in the basic throttle until we seen 1140rpm. After setting this we then put it into a hover to set the collective add before returning all the gains back to standard.

It spools up to 1140rpm on the ground but when you increase pitch and take the heli into a hover the headspeed slows badly before increasing again. Similarly when you pull the collective stick down the headspeed slows before increasing again.

Given i do not have a linear pitch curve from -10 to +10 have i set the basic throttle incorrectly? Does the VBC expect the basic throttle to be set at mid stick and not at 0 degrees on the blades? Do i need to set the pitch back to -10/+10 and set the governor up at mid stick in the VBC? Are there any other tips on how to set up the governor for a scale heli?

Thanks in advance.
RV
Re: Vario EC135 1:6
February 10, 2020 10:00PM
First - the basic throttle will be shifted with the integral (complete curve) - so no issue here.

Second - did you calibrate the zero collective point after setting up this pitch values? - Remember the Curve needs to know where it is as well the tail mixing too.

Third - which ESC in which mode is used?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
February 10, 2020 10:04PM
Evening Rainer,

Thanks for the prompt response. ESC is a castle and is set to external governor.

Your second point is where i have been going wrong as no i have not calibrated the 0 collective again. I have never required to do this on a model so far. Can you point me in the right direction on where to do this?
RV
February 10, 2020 11:12PM
Okay - simple ... go into the model setup, move stick to zero collective, open the swash type expert (long press), scroll down, hit the button there ;-)

On a VBCT - in the tail rotor menue ...

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1677

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 11:13PM by RV.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login