Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

disable softstart

Posted by Mark010 
disable softstart
October 08, 2019 05:03PM
Hello,

I was wondering how i can disable my sofstart of my vbar neo with vcontroller. I have set it up now trough the macrocell setup. But i don`t know if it is interphering with my vbar governor this way..

So in bank 1 i want my softstart disabled.. To spool-up manual, but in bank 2 and 3 i want to function the vbar governor as usual...

Am i doing it the hard way with the macrocells? Or is there an easy`er way of doing this?? My current setup is included...

regards MArk
Attachments:
open | download - Tareq_Oxy.zip (553 bytes)
RV
Re: disable softstart
October 08, 2019 07:18PM
Why would you use this relict coming from helicopters stone aged old esc's - i'd like to know the reason, IMHO there is none with todays ESC's, and you definitely waste a flight RPM/bank.

But - having a look at the nitro gov ... i would try this althogh i know where the difference is:

- program ESC/VBC as for VGov
- write down flight values
- unconnect ESC if it has VBC telemetry
- program VBC/Neo as for nitro gov
- enable the spoolup bank as needed
- dial in flight values
- connect telemetry

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 09, 2019 04:10PM
Hello Rainer,

Thanx foor your reply! The reason i am wanting this, is because of my switch assignment.. I hold my index fingers between the 2 farest switches. I have big fingers so i have programmed my motor switch(left middle switch) so the up position is "motor run" and the middle right switch ( bank swich) up is bank 3.. And the 2 lowest switches are on the down position. This way i have more room to put my fingers between the switches..

But what happens, is that when i land the heli, it takes some time to put my finger on the motor swiitch to put it off. And i don`t like that.. So it is quicker ( and safer) for me to put it into bank 1 again and land to turn te rpm down myself with the stick.. otherwise the heli keep spinning on full speed when i land and reac for my motor switch..

I am going to try to setup my heli as a nitro with vbar gov.. And it don`t matter that i have a esc ( electric) heli??

Thanx!

Regards, Mark bekkerspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2019 04:12PM by Mark010.
October 09, 2019 04:39PM
Hi Mark,

an other option would be to assign and use the safety switch to quickly switch off the motor after landing, then also flick the motor switch to off.
Just a matter of procedures.

And yes, the nitro governor also works with electrics, the ESC is nothing more than a servo to it anyway.
But it has more options (required or what nitro people are used to), so it can be a bit more confusing than the simpler electric governor.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 09, 2019 10:02PM
Hi Eddi,

Thank you for your comment! It works, and this is what i was looking for.. .. Now i have to test it in the air.. Autumn here in holland, so hopefully i can test it the upcoming days when it is dry. .

Yeah lots of options with the nitro gov, but the most i have epirience with.. It's the best system there is. And when i have questions, mikado (and share it with other users) have this forum. Thanx!

Regards Mark Bekker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login