Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VControl Buddy Box

Posted by cagen 
VControl Buddy Box
August 05, 2019 01:03PM
I so hope there's someone out there that can help here.

I'm looking for instructions or guidance to setup a buddy box between 2 VControllers on a Neo Vlink.
I have a Trex 700n, VBar Neo Vlink, VControl and a Spektrum DX9.

I have been searching for information on how to setup a VControl buddy box between two VControllers (the other belongs to a friend) or a VController and Spektrum DX9.

Here are two links that stand out the most, but they don't go through the setup: https://youtu.be/un1v3gT00vw and https://youtu.be/Cq0MWV4L7Us...

Many Thanks
Re: VControl Buddy Box
August 05, 2019 01:51PM
Hi,

VBC-VBC ... switch on the model and the (Master) radio, bind if necessary; switch on the second radio (Client), select Buddybox Setup/Buddy Client from the menu; on the Master radio, go to the bind dialog, and select and bind the Client radio. There will be a brief disconnect when the other radio is taken into the network, then you are good to go.

VBC-DX9 ... set up the VBar in the model so it accepts Spektrum satellites as an input (using the PC Setup Software or the functions in Macrocells, in the VBar Control), make sure the channels are all assigned and calibrated so you can fly the model with the Spektrum radio alone.

Now, if you first turn on VBC, then the NEO, bind if necessary, VBC will be Master. Now if you switch on the DX9, it will be Client.
You can do that with a VLink NEO (the VLink part will remain dormant if no VBC is present and bound at power up), or by plugging in a VBar Control Satellite to a non VLink NEO.

Mind that you have to set up the VBC throttle logic, no bypassing via AUX3 or similar in this configuration, VBC wouldn't know.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2019 01:52PM by Eddi E. aus G..
RV
August 05, 2019 01:53PM
Set up a buddy box between 2 VBC is quiet simple, preconditionally the buddy box App must be loaded on both. You can also mix VBC and VBCt.

- Turn on the Master and Model as usual as for flying
- Turn on Buddy, in App select Buddy Mode
- In Master go to Bind dialog, Model disconnects, Bind Buddy, Model connects.
- Check Buddy switch and functions
- have fun

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
August 05, 2019 07:16PM
Thanks a bunch guys.
I'll try these when I get in from work tonight.

Many thanks
August 05, 2019 11:03PM
Hi Eddi,

[quote=VBC-DX9 ... set up the VBar in the model so it accepts Spektrum satellites as an input (using the PC Setup Software or the functions in Macrocells, in the VBar Control)[/quote]

I know nothing about Macrocells and if I go into the software for the Neo. You only have the option to select either the VControl or the Spektrum sats. You can't select both.

So here I am confussed unless going down the Macrocells route is easier?..

Many thenks
August 05, 2019 11:58PM
Ignore my reply. I've done it by changing the reciever on the Neo via the software.

Thank you guys very much.

cagen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Eddi,
>
>
>
> I know nothing about Macrocells and if I go into
> the software for the Neo. You only have the
> option to select either the VControl or the
> Spektrum sats. You can't select both.
>
> So here I am confussed unless going down the
> Macrocells route is easier?..
>
> Many thenks
August 06, 2019 09:01AM
Hi,

in Macrocells (Pro required), you can also select the digital input (as you can select the receiver in the software), and assign radio channels to functions.

In the software, you can obviously not select two receivers. But if a VBar Control is present and bound (VLink or RX Sat), it always has priority, and since we know how a VBar Control works, it does not require a specific setup (compared to a third party radio, where you can do all kinds of programming in the radio ...).

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
RV
August 06, 2019 11:30AM
https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/2095

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login