Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Crossover buddyboxing

Posted by JDHDienstverlening 
Crossover buddyboxing
June 08, 2022 02:40PM
Hi, i hope i place this in the right topic??

I fly from 1989 with heli and only heli and use for the last few years Vbarcontrol and now Vbarcontrol touch.(also Heli teacher)

I read and see all the video's from buddyboxing/3party transmitter connections and still have a question:

I would start beginning also with Plane flying and this is new to me.

Is it possible to use my VBCT as student and my Teacher witch use Futaba??
I know you can crossover buddy boxing with 2 Vbc and 3 party transmitters Butt then is the VBC a master and 3 party transmitters for student and i would like use it visa versa,Futaba teacher with masterswitch and my VBCT as student

On my flying field everyone fly with Heli and Plane with Futaba, (sorry iam the only one use VBCT)
so when i would get lessons ,my teacher have a Futaba and i have a VBCT.

Is it possible that Futaba are master (with buddy master switch) and i use my VBCT?? how do i must program it?

I know i must putt in the plane a Neo connected to Futaba reciever for crossover buddy boxing)

If this not works then i must buy a separate transmitter.
my teacher dont like VBCT..(they are all Futaba minded...stupid because VBC is the best transmitter)

Need some advice/help.

Logo 700/Trex700N/Trex700Benzine Conversion/Trex600N/Trex700E in Agusta A109romp/OS engines/Zenoah Engines/VBar Control/OptiPower/OptiFuel/GensAce/Scorpion Powersystems
Re: Crossover buddyboxing
June 08, 2022 02:56PM
Hi,

in our crossover-world, VBar Control is always the Teacher, not the Student.
The radio together with the VBar NEO comprises the system, the third party receiver is an addendum.

You could program a VBar NEO VBasic in a way so it outputs e.g. Futaba SBus, but I doubt that a Futaba Receiver will accept a secondary Futaba Receiver as an input, in a way so you (the teacher) can just switch between the two. Then, they would be forward-thinking smiling smiley

You could also program a VBar NEO VBasic in a way so it outputs PPM signal, like old school wired buddy boxing.
Then you'd need a buddy wire between a powered up and bound VBar NEO VBasic, and the buddy connector on the Futaba (or other) radio.

Problem is, Futaba went their own way, not the simple audio jack way, so you might even need an adapter for the adapter, or MacGyver your own.

Question would also be, how would VBar NEO VBasic as a full blown 2.4 GHz transceiver affect the Futaba radio, depending on how close it was in relation to the actual aircraft radio (stick to radio, or let dangle at it's wire, or use a longer buddy wire and set it aside somewhat).

I'd probably grab the cheapest buddy-capable Futaba radio, and if it was a used one, just for that purpose.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Re: Crossover buddyboxing
June 08, 2022 03:17PM
Thanks Eddi, That was also my toughts....buy a cheap futaba transmitter,

With my heli's with VBCT and other VBC it works perfect..

Thanks for your advice
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login