Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

throttle calibration -> futaba radio + hobbywing esc + vbar neo

Posted by ReadyToFly 
throttle calibration -> futaba radio + hobbywing esc + vbar neo
February 15, 2021 05:10PM
Hello guys,

I'd like to run a Hobbywing 120a hv esc on vbar neo with a futaba radio. My goal is to run the vbar neo governor.

I'm having a hard time with the throttle calibration. I power on the radio, move the throttle stick up and turn the Esc on. At this point, I should hear the max. throttle confirmation beeps from the ESC, but nothing happens.

Could you guys, please, let me know how to proceed? I couldn't find anything on the web about this specific combination (futaba radio x vbar x hw).

Thanks a lot.
Re: throttle calibration -> futaba radio + hobbywing esc + vbar neo
February 15, 2021 05:39PM
Hello RTF,

please check out the Gov. II panel, in Setup. There, you can check the box (persistent, so you can power-cycle the NEO), do your stick thing, then uncheck the box again. ESC must be connected to the ESC port, obviously. If in doubt, you can connect a servo there (or parallel, using a y-harness), so you have a visible pointer for the output to the ESC.

Careful—with the box checked, you have throttle on your collective stick, no questions asked.

And please mind that the collective curve in your radio might interfere, if it's not –100...+100.

Man, was it difficult, back in the day grinning smiley

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login