Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FuelMeter

Posted by rotorspin 
FuelMeter
May 14, 2020 02:48PM
Hi there

I have a Bio Tech fuel flow meter and looking to use the fuel flow meter as per https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/2199

Can I ask where you recommend this is located in the pipework? (Ideally I would like between Tank and Air Trap) ie before the pump. However wasn't sure if it needed to be after the pump to detect?

Also - the unit comes with a "nozzle" which takes the flow from 3mm to 1mm. Ideally I wouldn't use this as 1mm is too small for my turbine. Can you confirm you can use the Bio Tech unit without the nozzle insert for Fuel Flow?

Many thanks

John
RV
Re: FuelMeter
May 15, 2020 06:34AM
First - mine is between the pump and turbine.

Second - the nozzle isn't used on mine here (a buddy uses it but it is precise enough here with 3mm), i have a setup value around 18 pulses then for my JetCat Pht3-3 in the UH-1D.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 15, 2020 03:58PM
Thank you Rainer - much appreciated
May 29, 2020 04:32PM
I have everything set up now thank you.

I am running a Neo as a sensorhub and it connects to TELE1 of the master NEO fine. All good

However I had a temp sensor (05058) on TELE1 of the master. It does not seem to like to be on any other port?

Is the temp sensor able to go anywhere else? Have tried TELE1 on Sensorhub but its not picking it up?

Any help much appreciated as always!

**EDIT** - I have found how to do this now! Use TELE2 on the master NEO to SensorHub

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2020 05:02PM by rotorspin.
May 29, 2020 04:33PM
PS - I appreciate the temp sensor is limited to 300 degrees, so was going to use this around the turbine plumbing to check the interior temp rather than directly on turbine itself
RV
May 29, 2020 06:32PM
Quote:
PS - I appreciate the temp sensor is limited to 300 degrees, so was going to use this around the turbine plumbing to check the interior temp rather than directly on turbine itself

The same as i do - a kind of "fire in the house indicator".

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
September 27, 2020 02:05PM
Hallo Rainer!

In selber causa Fuelmeter - https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/2199 - am unteren Bild habt ihr Festoanschlüsse am BioTech montiert (denke ich mal). Welcher (Festo-) Bauteil ist das (Link oder Artikelnummer wäre SUPER) und funktioniert das gut (ist es wirklich dicht?) ... Danke!

LG Geri
RV
September 27, 2020 06:35PM
Ich nehme M5 AUSSENgewinde (der Sensor hat 5er Innengewinde zusätzlich!) - die sind dicht. Seit 200 Flügen.

Rainer Vetter

September 28, 2020 07:43AM
DANKE smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login