Scale Helis
September 03, 2015 01:09AM
Hello,

can you provide me with the scale or XXL software: I have 2 VBAR Pros :
Serial numbers are

I haven't set-up these helis with VBARs yet but please find below the détails :
I would appreciate any settings you can provide

Heli 1 :

Vario Lama Turbine, 19.5 kg; 2M50 Long; 3 blade main rotor with blades of 1050mm; RMP of rotor head is 850; 3 blade tail rotor with 18 cm rotors; the main rotor head has no damping, it is quite rigid but allows the blades to love up and down a little; pitch for main blades is -2 degrees to +10 degrees. At mid stick on the transmitter, I have 5 degrees. The Gyro will be on Heading Hold.

Heli 2 :

Kamov Coaxial Turbine Heli; 25 KG; 2M20 Long, 2 times 3 blade rotor head with blades of 1050MM; RPM of rotor head is 875; the main rotor Heads have very hard damping. Pitch is 0 degrees to +10 degrees: at mid stick in the transmitter I have 5 degrees. The gyro works in normal mode (not Heading Hold). The gyro changes the pitch on the upper rotor via the spider on top of the rotor Head. For this to work, when you apply rudder in the transmitter you also via programming change the overall pitch to compensate for the increases / decreased pitch on the upper rotor; the gyro also controls the tail rudder (like in a plane). if there is an autorotation, the gyro changes to 0% gain.

RV
Re: Scale Helis
September 03, 2015 10:30AM
One question - to be sure:

Have you tried a Vbar on a trainer already - and are familar with the setups and procedures?

I ask this because some guys want to try on a scaler first which won't be helpful for the general things.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
September 04, 2015 12:06AM
Hello,

I only fly scale helicopters (!) I have used over the years many different types of flybarless units. The Lama turbine has flown five years on a different system but I wasn't happy with the tail.. I have an older version of Vbar in an older scale heli. I have no concern with setting these up but I have no experience around specific adjustments that are specific to Vbar for large scale helps.
For example,
- Main Rotor Style, Agility, Gyro Gain, Elevator precompensation, Paddle simulation
- Tail Rotor RC Deadband, Acceleration, P Gain, I Gain, Stop Gain A and B, I decay (if I use normal mode) control loop, Torque Precompensation.

Thank you
RV
September 04, 2015 09:55PM
+1 for you ;-)

Versions are enabled!

here my scale recommendations - i used the XXTReme Firm on the BO 105. Keep in mind i am flying +-12 deg collective and a cyclic setup which gives you a good response ;-) - a usual scale guy would set up 60 as agility and 30-35 as optimizers.

http://www.vstabi.info/forum/read.php?10,25374

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

September 10, 2015 03:23PM
RV,
Have you tried negative paddle sim?
RV
September 10, 2015 06:20PM
No - but AFAIK Andy Rummer added some of this (i think -20 or -30) at his 2.5m Tiger. It will soften the reaction a bit on the cyclic.

But - as it isn't officially - be careful and keep a "zero paddle sim" bank in the background during tests.

Rainer Vetter

September 12, 2015 02:49PM
I asked about negative paddle sim because I have tried it for an F3c setup. You are correct. It gets very "heavy" with any setting over -30. But, it does help when sensible values are used.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login