Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

YGE120HV wiring help

Posted by Ghostje 
YGE120HV wiring help
July 21, 2015 01:30PM
Hello,

This is my first YGE esc I ordered so it's all new for me, in the past I always used a Kontronik ESC
I have a few questions about my setup:

==========================

Setup Overview:
YGE 120 HV
Gryphon BEC20A HV (2 power cables)

Mini Vbar
Vbar control

I want to use the vbar governor.

==========================

I see on the site a YGE 160HV wiring hookup instructional video in which the following adapter cable is required: Link

Can I connect it as subscribed in the following options? :

Option 1:

Servo1: Servo1 with a Y cable for 1 power coming from the Grypon BEC
Servo2: Servo2
Servo3: Servo3

RXC: Power cable Gryphon BEC
RXB: Throttle cable YGE120 HV
RXC: Governor adapter cable partnr: 04 765 to signal cable YGE120 HV

=====

Option 2:

Servo1: Servo1
Servo2: Servo2
Servo3: Servo3

RXC: Power cable Gryphon BEC
RXB: Throttle cable YGE120 HV with a Y cable for 1 power coming from the Gryphon BEC
RXC: Governor adapter cable partnr: 04765 to signal cable YGE120 HV

After all, they talk about an extra cable in the instructional video Part No: 4351, do I also need that cable?
RV
Re: YGE120HV wiring help
July 21, 2015 05:29PM
Hello,

both is possible - do as you like ;-)

About the 4351 Cable:
It is necessary at all - and will be used in a row with the 4765

BTW - the cables on video 03 may have another length now - but the same electric connections.

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1492

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
July 21, 2015 05:50PM
Hi,

When i look at the video they are talking about a master and slave cable.
The 120HV has only a throttle and sensor cable, i don't have de ESC at the moment so the throttle cable is the master and the sensor cable the slave?

And another question, where can i find the 4351 cable, when i'm searching on the website i can't find that one.

About the 04765 cable, they look different on the picture then on the video?
RV
July 21, 2015 05:59PM
"They" is ... me ;-)

Quote:
the throttle cable is the master and the sensor cable the slave?

Yep - you got it.

Quote:
And another question, where can i find the 4351 cable, when i'm searching on the website i can't find that one

I have to ask - didn't it find anymore too ;-(

Quote:
About the 04765 cable, they look different on the picture then on the video?

Yes - but only the colour and the length ... as stated above - the electrical connections are the same.

At least - with or without those cables - we must:

- connect master to RXB
- connect red (!!) wire from slave to RXA upper pin
- connect the other 2 slave wires together - and connect them to a GND pin (any socket, lower pin except RXA)

This is what these cables are doing - nothing else.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
July 21, 2015 06:22PM
Quote:
"They" is ... me ;-)

Nice to meet you winking smiley

Quote:
At least - with or without those cables - we must:

- connect master to RXB
- connect red (!!) wire from slave to RXA upper pin
- connect the other 2 slave wires together - and connect them to a GND pin (any socket, lower pin except RXA)

This is what these cables are doing - nothing else.

Why should I buy two cables as it can be processed in one cable
So in theory I can make it with the existing cables coming from the ESC.

I have a tool to squeeze servo connectors.
RV
July 21, 2015 06:56PM
Quote:
Why should I buy two cables as it can be processed in one cable
So in theory I can make it with the existing cables coming from the ESC.

I have a tool to squeeze servo connectors.

Well - feel free to solder and crimp. I would do it this way too -) - But some customers don't have such tools or skills - this is why we had the 2 cables.

Rainer Vetter

July 21, 2015 07:11PM
When i received my ESC i gonna make my cable by myself and take some pictures, is it possible to control this before I connect everything? smiling smiley

You are talking about the red cable from the slave to RXA.
When i look to the instruction video of the YGE 90LV you are taking the orange cable, what is the difference between the 2 ESC's? (i'm just curious smiling smiley).
RV
July 21, 2015 10:06PM
The LV has a integrated BEC - the HV not.

On a LV - the yellow one is RPM - on a HV - the red one ;-)

And please - of course - add a drawing or photo for a check.

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2015 10:07PM by RV.
July 28, 2015 08:32PM
I finally got my ESC.
I soldered the cable as you described.

Here are some photos, it is possible to control this?

RV
July 28, 2015 08:51PM
The orange and brown from slave - must be connected together and to aGND (brown) of the VBar.

The orange from Master must be "single" to RXB lower socket. Just plug the master into RXB "as it is".

It seems they all go to RXB lower?

Rainer Vetter

July 28, 2015 09:10PM
Quote:

you say here that I have to take the lowest pin

I first had him soldered to the brown because I was sure that this was the grounding.
I changed it again but it was so right sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2015 09:13PM by Ghostje.
RV
July 28, 2015 09:36PM
SORRYYY - they must be to a upper pin ;-(

(keep NEO here in my mind ...)

So once again - to clarify:

Master - just as it is to RXB
Slave - Red wire to RXA upper pin (RPM)
Slave - brown and orange (connected together) to a GND - whic is a upper pin of everything except RXA on a Mini.

Rainer Vetter

July 28, 2015 09:40PM
Ok thanks for the information, I'm going to solder the cable again tomorrow.

So on RXA is the top pin no grounding?
RV
July 28, 2015 09:51PM
No - RXA has 3 signal pins.

Sorry for the inconvinience confused smiley

Rainer Vetter

July 30, 2015 08:03PM
Test run on the bench went perfectly. Now I can finally install everything and give the maiden!
RV
July 30, 2015 08:17PM
smileys with beer

Rainer Vetter

February 05, 2016 09:23PM
Hello,

Today I bought 2x vbar Neo Vlink 6.1 Express for replace my two mini vbars.
I go further in this topic because I want to know that I could keep the rpm sensor adapter or can I connect it directly now and above adapter is no longer needed?

Best regards,
Ghostje
RV
February 05, 2016 11:24PM
As the signal is (HV) still on the RED wire of the slave - you need to connect the red one to the signal pin on the NEO. The others must be also connected together and plugged into a GND on the NEO.

Having a crimp plier - remove all pins from the housing, insert the red one into the "signal wire" position, crimp the 2 others together into one plug and insert it at the GND position.

Rainer Vetter

February 06, 2016 08:18AM
Hi,

So everything should just stay as it is on the mini vbar and is plug and play or plug and fly :-)

Again thanks for the information
RV
February 06, 2016 10:42AM
Yes, the connections are the same. But they can be all done on the RPM socket now. (mini was only Signal at RXA, not GND).

Rainer Vetter

February 06, 2016 08:46PM
My first flight of the Goblin 380 was successful.
My first impression is that the Vbar Neo is more stable than the mini vbar.

Hopefully there is less wind tomorrow ...
RV
February 06, 2016 09:31PM
smileys with beer

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login