Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Spektrum Analyzer

geschrieben von alexn 
Spektrum Analyzer
01.09.2015 09:54:52
Hello Mikado Team!

How can I see the chart "Spektrum Analyzer" at least for the last flight?

Best regards, Alexey
Re: Spektrum Analyzer
01.09.2015 10:09:26
Hi Alexey,

no, that would be too much data to log if you want a decent update rate, and without, it's as useful as screenshots.

Which brings me to the point smiling smiley do screenshots.

You can properly judge it in a hover or on the bench anyway, in flight you have so many and so quick changes that it hardly makes sense.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
01.09.2015 10:41:58
Hello Eddi,

I understand what would be too much data to log. But, I want see a final screenshot of all peaks, it suit me.
How can I see this?

Best regards, Alexey

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 01.09.2015 10:42 von alexn.
01.09.2015 10:51:23
Hi Alexey,

as of now, you can only see the averaged maximum level but not the peaks. I am also not sure if that would be feasible, it would take a lot of calculation power to monitor from 0...500 Hz in real time and mark the peaks (with some smoothening and comparing and deciding which delta is needed to raise a warning/a peak, in which flight condition).

That's not what is made for, I'm afraid.

Apart from being curious, what do you expect from such a graph, what can you learn from it to improve your heli's performance?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
01.09.2015 12:06:26
Eddi, please specify "you can only see the averaged maximum level but not the peaks" It is about viewing warnings in the log? If I'm not mistaken there is not displayed frequency and level. There's just a warning.

I have a problem with choice of placing an external sensor. In the place where it was placed before in the currently placed main unit NEO. My attempt to place an external sensor to another place led to the drift of the helicopter on aileron and elevator, and messages in the log "high vibration level" and "extreme vibration level". Having a screenshot would help me identify the source of vibrations and to choose the best place of the external sensor.

Best regards, Alexey
01.09.2015 12:13:04
Hi,

which Heli ?

If it is not a turbine or a shaky gasser heli, you do not need the external sensor.

Stephan
01.09.2015 12:32:45
Hello Stephan,

nitro heli.
I can fly without external sensor, but at Vbar Silverline I had less warnings about the high level of vibration than NEO without external sensor. This is probably due to the number of wires connected to NEO in comparison to the external sensor.
01.09.2015 13:30:17
Hi Alexey,

after re-connecting the still-live VBar to the computer, you see the max= display in the upper right corner of the PC software.
Once the VBar has been turned off, this value is lost.

But hey, first: in 3D flight, you have vibration entries. And depending on the heli, lots of them.
Second, if it's a nitro, you probably have vibration entries even on the bench or in a hover, as soon as the engine is running.
Third, NEO and Silverline are two totally different sensor technologies, both being very robust against vibration, although they pick them up.
Possibly the NEO picks up more because it is more sensitive to tiniest motions, but it works in a way different frequency range so it es by design even less prone to suffer from vibration.

As long as you see no bad effects, like drift or the heli feeling sluggish, disconnected ... just go fly!

grinning smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
01.09.2015 13:42:58
Eddi,
I wrote earlier "My attempt to place an external sensor to another place led to the drift of the helicopter on aileron and elevator, and messages in the log "high vibration level" and "extreme vibration level"

I correctly understood your idea? Disconnect external sensor?

Alexey

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 01.09.2015 13:45 von alexn.
01.09.2015 14:39:38
Hi Alexey,

I would at least try it. The NEO per se is very well capable of handling a nitro or a gasser, at least in our own tests that is what we found.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
01.09.2015 15:05:49
Ok Eddi, I try it.

However, the presence screenshot would not prevent, for example: monitoring of bearings etc.

Thanks!

Best regards, Alexey
02.09.2015 08:49:10
Hi Alexey,

this would only make sense, imo, if you have a warning back to the radio that something is coming up.
Without, you are only researching history.

But then, it's hardly possible to decide if vibration are because of the style of flying or because of the mechanics, you would have to do very complex calculations and evaluations in real time to only raise warnings if it's likely that continued vibration are pointing to an upcoming hardware issue.

Why not just enjoy the hobby grinning smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login