Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Neo on a vintage heli

Posted by uragano47812 
Neo on a vintage heli
October 31, 2016 08:17AM
Hello i would like to use my Vcontrol on a vintage heli the MA Stratus that i converted to electric. It is an old mechanic and i wat to use it like it is so with flybar.
With the release of vbasic firmware i want to know if it is possible to:
1- Use my Neo vlink as a stand alone rx so flashing the vbasic firmware (and then use an external tail gyro), but i don't see this option in my device panel.
2- Or use the Neo as it is but disabling the control loop for the cyclic, so use it as a rx with telemetry and as a tail gyro.

I know it is a particular case but let me kow the better way to use the Vcontrol on a flybar heli.

Thanks

Thunder Tiger E700 Mini-Vbar
Logo 550SE Neo 6.2
RV
Re: Neo on a vintage heli
October 31, 2016 08:58AM
1 - but you might have to do all swash mixers and flight conditions with makrocells or the wing mixer.

2 - use Heli express or pro - and dial the gain to 0 ;-) - Rescue will work anyway!

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2016 08:59AM by RV.
October 31, 2016 01:36PM
RV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2 - use Heli express or pro - and dial the gain to
> 0 ;-) - Rescue will work anyway!

Perfect!! This is the answer i was hoping for! So i will dial to 0 the head gain on all banks and i'm sure that the cyclic loop is disabled and it anyway perform the swash mixer. Any other values to pay attention that have to be 0 (like paddle sim)? Or the gain alone is ok?

Logo 550SE Neo 6.2
RV
October 31, 2016 04:08PM
Ok - you might be right - it would be a good idea to zero paddle sim and elev precomp too.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 31, 2016 04:55PM
RV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok - you might be right - it would be a good idea
> to zero paddle sim and elev precomp too.

Thanks i will report back when i have all setup. Thanks thumbs up

Logo 550SE Neo 6.2
November 04, 2016 07:29AM
Good morning Rainer i have another question for you. This method for switch off the head algorithm works also with old blueline vbar with 6.0 firmware or only for Neo with recent firmware?

I'm asking this because the Stratus has a tiny plate to put the gyro on as it was for older smaller classic tail gyro. I have a full blue line on 6.0 firmware and the separate sensor is the best for this mounting reason.

Let me know
thanks

Logo 550SE Neo 6.2
November 04, 2016 09:41AM
Hi,

this only works with the NEO, sorry for that. In that scenario, you could use the external sensor with the NEO and mount the NEO wherever you want, in whatever orientation you need to, _but_ if the external sensor would fail, there would be an automatic fallback to the internal sensor. Means, if the Z axis is not aligned to the main shaft, the tail gyro within the NEO would possibly badly interfere, causing the tail to be uncontrollable.

Since the main rotor in this scenario is not controlled by the NEO's sensors, it's maybe a risk you could take, maybe have an emergency bank to spare with no tail gain, for that particular case.

And please mind that Rescue is not an option with this setup, since the Rescue sensors would also not be aligned properly.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 07, 2016 02:24PM
Well i have fly with this heli and Neo as rx and gov and tail gyro all works really good. Some tuning specially for gov was needed but i used the tips on General Tweaking Order and all is ironed out fine.

It is fun to fly again a flybarred heli winking smiley

Logo 550SE Neo 6.2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login