Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Curious Swashplate Behavior with Neo

Posted by mahbouni 
Curious Swashplate Behavior with Neo
December 15, 2015 02:22PM
I now have 5 Neos and all fly very well. However I am curious about the swashplate behavior when testing on the bench. All of my Neos have this behavior but I'm sure Silverlines and Mini Bluelines do not. The behavior is this...

SILVERLINE & MINI: If I input 100% forward elevator and then move collective slowly to the top it will take away some elevator to give more collective. I see the aileron servos have reached maximum height while the elevator servo rises more. This is normal behavior to me.

NEO: If I input 100% elevator and then move collective slowly to the top it will take away some elevator to give more collective, but then the swashplate drops down again even though I'm inputting more collective. Literally I see all 3 servo arms move down again, even though I am increasing collective.

Please can you explain why Neo does this?
RV
Re: Curious Swashplate Behavior with Neo
December 15, 2015 08:20PM
Quote:
Please can you explain why Neo does this?

hehehehe ... little secrets ;-)

Have you ever tried flying fast with a 6.0 or 5.3 loop on a old VBar? - It is some kind of sensitive on elevator - the more speed and less rpm and more collective you have ...

Then try with the NEO ... nothing!

What you see here on the bench is a part of the 6.1 control loop - and goes right when the heli is in the air ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
December 15, 2015 08:48PM
Thanks for that Rainer. I appreciate the secret sauce needs to be kept secret. I don't tend to do many speed runs but it's good to be reassured that it's there for good reason.
December 16, 2015 09:06AM
Hi,

it's not only for high speeds, but also for lower RPM. You can e.g. fly a 550 SE with like 1,000 head speed, at full collective, and just control aileron, elevator and tail like on a fixed wing ... no ballooning grinning smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 16, 2015 09:24AM
I was suprised how much better the Neo is at low head speeds.

All my 800 size helis are using Silverline at 1080 rpm but my Velos 880 is soooo much better with the Neo at 1000 rpm, much more stable with no ballooning and hovers better as well.

Looks like I need to sell a few body parts so I can convert all four of my 800 helis to Neo! grinning smiley
December 16, 2015 09:54AM
grinning smiley just mind to keep your thumbs, mind control is not yet available grinning smiley

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 16, 2015 10:56AM
Well I would sell my brain but there is so little in there it wouldn't get enought to buy half a Neo!confused smiley
December 16, 2015 11:04AM
But hey: no brain, no pain ... a thing to consider grinning smiley

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login