Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with Vcontrol and Vbasic flybar heli setup

Posted by cgbole 
Help with Vcontrol and Vbasic flybar heli setup
February 14, 2018 09:35PM
Could anyone, or has anyone setup a fly barred heli using macro cells and a Vbasic RX offer some guidance on setting up ccpm swashplate mixing? That will get me started in the right direction.

Thank you
chuck
RV
Re: Help with Vcontrol and Vbasic flybar heli setup
February 15, 2018 08:42AM
Possible - please use the macrocells for this. Someone did it (not me). You have to rebuilt everything with them.

Remember that the purpose of this unit is to fly cheap wing models or use the digital outputs to drive other electronics.

I woud upgrade to NEO Pro (Rescue is possible too!) and dial the swash gain to 0. This has also the advantage of interacting control loops and includes the tail gyro.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2018 08:43AM by RV.
February 15, 2018 09:18AM
Hi Chuck,

it's possible but requires a little tweaking, and even more if you want to reproduce the whole thing.

For a basic setup, swash plate mixing is simple, just go to the output channels and dial in the ratios, for a 120° swash plate, for the the aileron servos, it's 100 % aileron (obviously) and iirc 61 % elevator, for the elevator servo (obviously) only elevator. Add 100 % of throttle to all so you have collective.

For the throttle channel (ESC), you would want to put a Mux cell in between, with Input SwMot and two or three input cells (e. g. 35, 36, 37), where you set 35 to fixed zero (off), 36 to fixed 15 for example (autorotation bailout) and 37 to the next Mux cell (e.g. 25), where you then assign three curve cells (e.g. 26, 27, 28), with input SwBank, for the three head speeds/throttle curves.

Please familiarize yourself with the operation of the model, then, the motor switch logic is slightly different from VBar NEO heli, autorotation bailout (lowest possible rpm) will come active whenever you switch into that position, not only if you switch there from a running motor.
Make sure fail safe is working properly.

For the Gyro channel, you could also use three fixed percentages, then you would use cell type Fixed for that output channel, make it banked (to be switched with the bank switch) and enter the percentages there.

If you would want to have different collective curves, you would have to tweak the physical outputs to the servos individually, in macrocells, with mixers, and add collective (throttle stick) with a Mux Cell and again three curve cells, assigned to the bank switch.

It's a nice task, but in the end I would probably also purchase at least Pro and use the heli setup, with swash plate gains dialed to zero (main rotor control loop disabled, but you still have the feed forwards (collective adds, torque precompensation, the governor etc.).

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 15, 2018 01:31PM
Thank you Rainer and Eddi, for pointing me in the right direction on this.
I will probably end up purchasing the Pro software and going that route, but i want to try it with the V Basic first.

I have converted this heli (Synergy E9) to flybarless with a V Bar years ago. Had problems getting the correct
amount of pitch travel with the available geometry. Decided to leave it fly barred and really want to fly it with
my Vcontrol.

Thank you again
Chuck
January 06, 2019 02:10PM
Hello,
I want to fly an old T-rex 700 nitro with a flybar and a Vbasic.
I did what Eddi explained and it's works fine but I'm not able to use the expo. For example, in the aileron menu, I modify the value for aileron expo but it's change nothing. Somebody know why?
Thanks
Yoann
January 07, 2019 08:56AM
Hi Yoann,

can you please attach your setup file so I can see what you have done so far? And/or explain what you experience?

With a NEO Pro and Gain dialed down to zero Expo works.

Also on VBasic (just a coarse setup, I did change CH2 and CH3 to Expert, on a Touch, and dial in the elevator ratio of 61), it does, if I hold the aileron stick e.g. at 30-40 % deflection and change Expo all the way up or down, the servos adjust to the changed underlying curve, on a test rig.

I then did a cross check with a classic VBar Control, same setup, same observations on my test rig.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
January 07, 2019 10:47PM
Here is my macrocel file.
I have a Vbar control standard (not touch) and a Vbasic (not upgrated to pro).
I created 3 throttle curves (cell 27, 28, 29) and 3 pitch curves (cell 31, 32 and 33).
These curves are banked with the bank switch. I programmed 2 fixed idle in cell 35 and 36 and a Mux cell in 37 for the motor switch. My problem is that I'm not able to have expo in the aileron, elevator and tail axis. If I select 100% expo on these 3 axis, it's doesn't affect my helicopter.
Attachments:
open | download - T_Rex700.zip (374 bytes)
January 08, 2019 09:27AM
Hi,

OK, a different approach from what I would have done, but also OK. There's obviously more than one way to skin a cat grinning smiley

You did create your swash plate mixer by mixer cells for CH1/2/3 (where I would have used the wing mixer), but you did select Elevator and Aileron as Inputs (the raw stick data) while you would want to select FC Elevator and Aileron (and Tail) instead, means, Flight Control, means including calculations like Expo and Agility, on a VBasic.

If you only change e.g. CH2, for a quick test, and dial in FC Aileron instead of Aileron, you will see that the CH2 servo now reacts to Expo changes on aileron, while the one on CH3 does not/yet.
Then, please change all physical outputs to their FC equivalent inputs, and you're done.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
January 08, 2019 10:48PM
Thank you very much Eddi, it's works perfectly with the FC instead of Raw input.
You made me save 160€ :-)

Greetings from Switzerland!
January 09, 2019 08:48AM
Hi again,

Quote:
You made me save 160€ :-)

Damn, not very business-minded grinning smiley

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login