Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gov status for nitro

Posted by cudaboy_71 
Gov status for nitro
February 05, 2018 02:30PM
Using Vcontrol and Neo with hall sensor/magnet on the clutch bell of nitro heli.

Is there any way to verify the gov sensor is working? I assume I'm looking for something in Gov status screen. It shows active. But, when I pass the magnet below the sensor nothing changes. This is a new setup, and the first nitro I've done on Vcontrol. I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Seems like on the old version of vbar (v5) there was a green light that came on to indicate sensor was near the magnet.
Re: Gov status for nitro
February 05, 2018 03:02PM
Hi,

You find it in the Model Status menu, it's the (here unmarked) box next to (Active), works the same as the green light in the PC software.

You need to rotate slowly and maybe a couple of times so it shows something, though, it's also a little delayed, like in the PC software.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
February 05, 2018 05:01PM
ok, i have something wrong then. not sure what.

the box next to 'Active' is filled solid 100% of the time--whether the magnet is under the sensor or not. in fact, if I unplug the sensor cable it is still on.

any ideas what might cause this condition?
February 05, 2018 06:49PM
ok. i'm making progress.

the sensor was too far away. so, I have now changed the distance. BUT---

Now the checkbox next to active only goes OFF when the magnet is under the sensor. Is this correct? I thought the light should come ON. Seems the sensor is sending the inverse information? Or is this correct?

[edit] I am using a new Align gov sensor. I have used these in the past with old vbar--only needed to change polarity of red and black wire and put on a servo connector. I have done the same to this new one--with black wire now in the center. Maybe the new sensor has changed to be more like the old GV-1 sensor which sent pulse opposite of most other sensors???? I don't think changing polarity of the red and black wires changes this behavior.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2018 06:52PM by cudaboy_71.
February 05, 2018 09:25PM
update: someone on another forum confirmed for me that it depends on the sensor. GV-1 type will turn the 'light' on; Throttlejockey, multi-gov, align, etc. will turn the 'light' off.

Couldn't wait til next weekend. Just went out and flew two tanks. thumbs up
RV
February 06, 2018 07:25AM
Yes - this depends but doesn't care - we just trigger the changes from high to low and vice versa.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login