Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help: Aileron Sensor Value Out Of Range [Problem Solved]thumbs up

Posted by thallescsantiago 
Help: Aileron Sensor Value Out Of Range [Problem Solved]thumbs up
October 03, 2017 01:31PM
Hello everyone,

Yesterday I had a very unpleasant experience at the end of the flight. The heli drifted to the left. When I checked the Flight Log in VBC, I saw many "Extreme Vibration" and "Aileron Sensor Value Out Of Range" events. These events were always present in my flight logs, but yesterday was the first time the heli drifted, after + - 100 flights.

https://youtu.be/B7jueoWKmxM

fist time at 02:32s
second time at 02:40s

Logfile in VBC

https://youtu.be/0BCYCpDb5HU

I have no idea what caused this problem.
I need your help, Mikado.

Thank you very much.

attached files for analysis

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2017 10:35PM by thallescsantiago.

Attachments:
open | download - log-20012975-Oct-1--2017-2-50-29-PM.zip (1.5 KB)
Re: Help: Aileron Sensor Value Out Of Range
October 03, 2017 01:58PM
Vibration test hovering at 2200 rpm.
I think it's all okay here.

RV
October 03, 2017 09:50PM
OK - might something touching the NEO housing? Or does it be probably too close to the plastic frame on the side?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 04, 2017 01:44AM
Hi Rainer,

I checked very carefully, there is nothing touching the unit. in the picture can not see, but I guarantee it.
October 04, 2017 08:53AM
Hi,

are there other places on this model where you could put the VBar? Could be that the plastic front piece can resonate with the model's natural vibration and cause such entries.

Although all seems well in the screenshot, from vibration analysis, there is a peak at approx. 10-12,000 1/min which could increase quickly under load/in maneuvers, to an extent where vibration raises to an unhealthy level.

How rigid are the wire looms, going into the VBar? They at least touch the chassis/power rail.

And from the pic I would suspect there could be an other issue, the top of the case being not firmly secure, the closing tabs could be slightly broken.
But it's hard to tell at the image size/resolution.
If it was that way, this could cause the main board to move inside the case, increasing vibration influence by resonance.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 04, 2017 01:50PM
Eddi E. aus G. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> are there other places on this model where you
> could put the VBar? Could be that the plastic
> front piece can resonate with the model's natural
> vibration and cause such entries.

Yes, another option would be at the top, but the unit would be between the esc and engine. I am afraid of electromagnetic interference at this location. I have attached illustrative image of the place
I am also suspecting that this electronic plastic box is very flexible.
What do you think of this video?

https://youtu.be/JikA7rdhTBA

*** I altered the antennas of place after the incident, my friend suggested this

> Although all seems well in the screenshot, from
> vibration analysis, there is a peak at approx.
> 10-12,000 1/min which could increase quickly under
> load/in maneuvers, to an extent where vibration
> raises to an unhealthy level.

Ok, I get it.

> How rigid are the wire looms, going into the VBar?
> They at least touch the chassis/power rail.

At this point, the wires are "loose" and well flexible.

> And from the pic I would suspect there could be an
> other issue, the top of the case being not firmly
> secure, the closing tabs could be slightly
> broken.
> But it's hard to tell at the image
> size/resolution.
> If it was that way, this could cause the main
> board to move inside the case, increasing
> vibration influence by resonance.

the closing tabs are perfect and locked. top case is very firm.

> Kind regards
>
> Eddi

October 04, 2017 02:09PM
Hi again,

whoa, the video ... this place is probably the worst on the model ... the flybarless needs a rigid connection to the model to sense it's motions, and the plastic thingie goes everywhere. It's not only about vibration, it's also about precision and unwanted reactions of the model.

Is there a spot behind the mast? If I look at the manual, it doesn't look that way, and it seems hard to find an other suitable location, and that on a 700 size!

But maybe, with a carbon plate and some brackets to mount it securely to the most rigid part of the chassis, the carbon frames, would be feasible.

In my book, close to ESC and motor (and it's close to the ESC even now) is a no-go, too, I can not imagine how an manufacturer (supposedly) with experience in the hobby can come up with such a design these days :-/

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 04, 2017 02:58PM
Hi Eddie,

I need to agree 100% with you!
The design of this heli is horrible for flybarless units.
Although there are many high performance pilots flying with this heli + neo + vbc, eg Ben Storik and Kenny Ko. I do not know what these guys do to not get influence from the bad location of the unit.
There is a version 2 of this plastic box, more rigid, but I must wait to receive this box.
An alternative would be to install the unit directly on the side of the carbon frame, is it possible?
October 04, 2017 03:15PM
Hi,

not directly on the side (you can not mount it that way, only V up or down), but you could MacGyver brackets to support a r/c plate, where you can put the NEO. Not very good looking maybe, but functional grinning smiley

Maybe there's a reason for the V2 plastic box grinning smiley and the named pilots already have it, or did find other ways to brace it, or got the same part but molded from a different material ... so many possibilites.

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 04, 2017 03:50PM
Hi Eddi,

In that previous problem with the 550x, you influenced me to migrate my radio system to VBC, and here I am very satisfied with my VBC. I think now I need a New Logo 700 and flying happy. grinning smiley

Once again thank you for the support, it is a great differential of mikado, we have to recognize this.

Thanks for the patience and explanations.

Thalles
October 13, 2017 10:34PM
Hello Everyone,

I would like to inform you that this "problem" has been solved by changing the installation placce of the NEO. Thanks Eddi, your suggestions are the best!

Now I have good logs in my vbc. Almost no extreme vibration, and the events: "Aileron Sensor Valure Out Of Range" are gone. The heli is flying very smooth and precise, and the feeling of flight has never been as pleasant as it is now.

https://youtu.be/J4Xmbr7Bpbw

Here are some pictures.

RV
October 15, 2017 08:19PM
Well done!!! smileys with beer

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
October 16, 2017 08:43AM
Hi Thalles,

thank you for your feedback and the images. I will be glad to relate your solution smiling smiley

thumbs up

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login