Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Neo with a Gasser

Posted by JDHDienstverlening 
Neo with a Gasser
September 19, 2017 09:02PM
Hi
I buy just a Neo upgrade it to Pro for Gov function (with Vbar Control)
I will use it with a separate RX

I have complete the setup and now i dont see the "Magnet" lit up?
I have a StatorGator as Gov sensor

Everythings work after set up but the Magnet dont get on??
Before i use the Silverline Vbar and in the PC software the magnet lit up butt Now on the Neo i use it dont lit up??

I have connect te Neo to the PC software and in the menu also dont lit up
In the VBC in the GOV Info "active" is also not give me a control off the magnet work or not
Do i something very wrong??
I have everything connected as it should be
Statorgator sensor in the Neo in RPM slot
- on minus black wire
+ on positive red wire (direct on 2S Lipo,that works with the stator gator in my silverline fine)
Singnal wite wire on the Signal output

Is it normal with Neo that the Manet/Active not lit up????

Thanks for your help and advice

(i am new with Neo and Vbar control)

Regards,Grusse

Jeroen

(i also reed the building topic for Vario gasser many time's)
RV
Re: Neo with a Gasser
September 20, 2017 09:22AM
The magnet LED is too slow for the SG. Just simple - if the VBC shows the right HS and no entries in log - all is well.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
September 20, 2017 12:33PM
Thx

i will give it a try when i airborn it
I will look at the correct RPM on the VBC
(strange because with the Silverline it will lit in the PC with 5.3 software and in the Neo with Neo PC software it dont lit)
September 20, 2017 12:41PM
The only thing i change with the statorgator wire's in the Silverline i put the +/red wire in a free slot instead off the sensor slot,Now in the Neo everyting in the RPM slot (I measure the servo pin +/- from the RPM slot and was 7.4V I use a 2S lipo so that is normal for use with the statorgator and this can handle 8.4V)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2017 12:58PM by JDHDienstverlening.
September 20, 2017 08:39PM
I dont Now butt on a another testing evening

I have all servos connected at the right servo ports
The Stator gator sensor in to the Neo RPM slot Black on black,White on Signal and Red on the red
I start up the PC software an in the Govenor menu the green magnet LED dont lit up
When i putt out the stator gator Out of the Neo then and look in to the PC software gov menu The green LED lit up
So when i put the servo wire in to the Neo the green Mangnet dont lit up en when i putt the servo wire it out of the Neo the Mangnet lit up green???? strange? also the same when i look in to my VBC with sensor it told me NOT AKTIV (dont lit up and without the Statorgator wire connected told me in to the VBC in Gov information menu AKTIV????

In another words:the complete wire is out from the stator gator and it magnet lits up en when i put the wire in to the RPM slot it dont get green manget?

Also i test the same stator gator in to my "old" Silverline (with out VBC butt with Futaba) its works normal
when i put the servo wire from statorgator sensor in to the sensor port2,the magnet lit up green as normal??

I test it only on the bench and with NO running engine

So i think it was the wire's from the kill switch (from the engine) it was the problem butt i have connected like the statorgator manual tolds,red wire on the pin with red dot and black on the other pin

So i need some help here before i start the engine

Regards
Jeroen

EDIT:

I also test it on another NEO and has the same issue

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2017 09:12PM by JDHDienstverlening.
RV
September 20, 2017 10:10PM
Which voltage is the SG running? Keep in mind - 5V max - and a NEO needs a regulator (see my article) there.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
September 21, 2017 12:43PM
Hi I was running this SG in the old situation with Silverline and Futaba reciever direct on 2S
I have before contact with SG and they told me that it was not a problem to use/handel direct 2S for this system
and t works for many time's in this configuration.

The only thing with Silverline the output for the + from the sensor2 port its 3.3V(need minimal 5V max 8.4V for SG)
so i put the positive servo kabel on a free slot in to the Silverline and that works perfect

Now on the Neo i measure the RPM slotpins and the output is the same as the input so 7.4V so you can direct put the servo lead from SG in to the RPM slot butt when i connected the Aktive sign or green Magnet light go out and when i put out the servo wire from the RPM slot the Aktive in VBC or magnet sign in the PC software is on

So i am running it now back on the Silverline with Futaba radio and its works butt not on the NEO?
also not on my second SG and another Neo witch i try also..

So what is the problem that the SG not work in the Neo??
Magnet LED PC software or Aktive in VBC are on or off depending when i put the wire in to the Neo

So the SG is working fine on 2S butt not on the NEO?
September 21, 2017 06:42PM
StatorGator Can run to MAX 8V

RV
September 21, 2017 07:36PM
My info was 5V - so please try this with a regulator.

SL had regulated 3,7V at the senosor port .... NEO has RC voltage.

Rainer Vetter

September 21, 2017 08:19PM
Hi Rainer,

I will try it with a 5V connection Butt it is strange?
In my SL i use it also with 7.4V on a separate free slot and works Perfect
Also contact from Stator Gator they told me that it CAN be use with 4 to 8 V
So i measure the RPM Pin that are 7.4 V So it Must work
I tested also back on my SL and tge SG works butt Not on the 2 Neo's i tried......strange

I have not tested it with the running engine so i can not tell it off the VBC read the correct rpm with the SG connected
September 23, 2017 10:17PM
Hi

I try it also with a 5V setup
the same Issue
When i put in the SG servo wire in to the RPM slot, Aktive is not on in the VBC and in the PC software Green Magnet are not on???when i take the SG wire out,the Aktive is on also in the PC software.....
I thought my SG was broken Butt i Try it with my spare SG and also complete tested with my another Neo's and all the same Issue...

The only thing i can do is tested When the weather are better, i will try it with a running engine,because i realy dont now what the issue are butt its realy realy strange.......

Regards
RV
September 24, 2017 09:49AM
Acitve or not depends on the internal circuit of the sensor. We just trigger the change from high to low voltage - so this display here can only be used if you know how the sensor internally works and turn the motor slowly, e.g. on a hall/magnet sensor.

I would turn on the motor and see ...

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2017 09:49AM by RV.
September 24, 2017 03:07PM
Ok Thanks,

What would you see in to your system (if you still have the gasser?)
In your system when you tested on the bench? is this also Not active(and in PC Neo software not green Magnet) and only go on with a running engine?
I now for sure its not the Stator gator because i have tested 2 SG and also 2 Neo's

Grusse
Jeroen
September 24, 2017 04:45PM
Problem SOLVELD!!!

I have swap the servo wire White vs Red from the SG and now i have Active on and GREEN LED in the PC software

Edit:
Butt now the Aktive are on in the Gov info menu butt i can not see the RPM on the VBC with running engine.

So i swap the wire again in the neo,Aktive are now out and RPM on the Screen from the VBC with running engine are on the display.
When I swap red and white so i can see the RPM in the Display in the VBC and when i give more throtle the aktive are blinking but not solid

Next time i will try it when i putt the blade's on and see whats happend in the sky
Again it very strange...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2017 06:51PM by JDHDienstverlening.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login