Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vbar controller registration

Posted by ironman49 
Vbar controller registration
September 04, 2017 07:35AM
Hi,
Trying to register my transmitter/controller like I have my neo the manager does not find it when connected to the USB in the same manner as the neo. In the transmitter under USB it has a cross through USB.
I have purchase pro and have updated my neo thought I would update the controller it has never been registered.
Eric Corker
Re: Vbar controller registration
September 04, 2017 09:38AM
Hi Eric,

I don't quite get it, especially with the cross? Can you attach a pic so I can see?

Usually, the VBar Control just connects to the computer, it comes up as a generic USB storage.

If you have Windows 10 with the Creators Update, you might need to use our workaround, at least temporarily. Microsoft has already fixed the issue in an insider preview (like a beta version), so hopefully, in the future, the workaround will no longer be required.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2017 09:39AM by Eddi E. aus G..
September 04, 2017 06:29PM
Hello,
Been trying to connect again and have found that my second neo no longer connects to the manager. When I try to connect my controller it shows A USB symbol as the windows signals a USB device,then this disappears and stick shows beside USB mode no serial numbers show for either of them.
The neo I have updated connects to the manager and displays serial number and update data.
I obtain a new key file after purchasing professional. Professional version is installed on neo that connects.
September 04, 2017 06:39PM
Look in my computer shows a USB storage storage device called VControl
Eric
September 05, 2017 10:12AM
Hi Eric,

if it shows VControl and a drive letter, the VBar Control Manager should recognize it.

But could be that something went wrong during a previous update, if Windows locks files during read-write processes and does not or can no longer remove the lock, because the device was disconnected too early for example, you can run into troubles.

If in doubt you can save all files from the drive VControl to your computer, then format the drive using Windows, then have the VBar Control Manager set up the radio again, then copy back the saved files from your computer.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 05, 2017 10:26AM
I have registered another neo this morning. So I have two devices that connect. New neo vbars with vlink.
My older device a neo without vlink does not connect and my controller does not connect.
The devices that connect show as vboot in windows.the devices that do not connect show as vbar.
Are you suggesting I format the vbar controller and the none connecting neo?
Eric
September 05, 2017 11:02AM
Hi Eric,

can you please send screenshots, from Explorer and from the Device Manger, where we can see the device and it's properties?

A NEO will show up as VBOOT, a VBar Control will show up as VControl (in Explorer).

I'm not yet sure where to start debugging.

Older devices (serial no. below 20013015 for VBar NEO) will require the Windows 10 Creators workaround, VBar Controls which have not been updated for a longer time will, too, at least until the latest update has been performed, or if you want to start in Bootloader mode).

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 05, 2017 11:56AM
Ok my neo no. 20001994 connected to my PC in picture attached seems ok. It's serial nu indicates it needs the workaround right? Do I need to uninstall my current vbar manager then proceed as per the link you sent me.Sorry about all the confusion. Eric
September 05, 2017 12:20PM
Picture was too big a file. Shows as VBAR Boot connect USB Device
September 05, 2017 12:27PM
Hi again,

without seeing more, it will be difficult. If pictures are to big, why not consider making them smaller?

Please see here.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 05, 2017 01:35PM
Hi,
Are these any good. All taken with neo connected to PC that will not connect to manager.
Eric

September 05, 2017 02:07PM
Hi,

yep, good. According to these, you should see a drive named VControl on your computer with a drive letter, e.g. E:\ (without the workaround with the virtual machine necessary) or XX: (with the workaround up and running), in the (File) Explorer, right?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 05, 2017 02:41PM
The original pictures are from settings and device manager. This is file explorer.
No vbar shown. I have installed the work around. Do I have to turn it on?
Eric

September 05, 2017 02:58PM
OK learning my way round see screen picture

September 05, 2017 03:20PM
Hi again,

OK, and now the radio should show with the drive letter XX: in the File Explorer ... hopefully?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 05, 2017 04:16PM
Hi,
Loosing my sanity here, if I ever had it. There is no Vbar drive with any letter with or without the Vitual machine running
Eric
September 05, 2017 04:22PM
Hi Eric,

do you have the possibility to test on a different computer (preferably with a different operating system/version), or at least a different USB wire?

We can only rule out so much from remote, which I would try since else it would mean to send in the device for a check-up here.

I would not rule out the VBar completely, as a source of the problem, but it's highly unlikely by experience.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 05, 2017 04:55PM
Hi,
I'm going to get another PC up and running that has windows 8 on it. The neos that where connecting now have a problem since I installed the virtual machine they connect and disconnect continuously.
Eric
September 05, 2017 05:01PM
Hi Eric,

well with the other NEOs you would not want to run the virtual machine, I did not try it but I could imagine that Windows and the virtual machine could interfere if it's not clear who has the ball.

Fingers crossed, and hopefully Microsoft will roll out their patch soon ...

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 05, 2017 06:35PM
Hi,
Success with my vbar controller now fully updated and clock set then registered using an old PC running window8
Eric Corker
September 06, 2017 08:50AM
Morning Eric,

phew, what an odyssey grinning smiley now have fun, and the hassle will hopefully be forgotten soon smiling smiley

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 06, 2017 09:25PM
Hi,
Since registering my controller it no longer connects to any of my neo's.If I bind the model name appears but when selected it does not initialise or connect. Logs appears to say initialisation failed.
Help, Eric.
RV
September 06, 2017 09:40PM
Hmmm - can you please re-update the VBC (just hook up to USB and run the manager) - wait if all is ok. I think there was a disconnect while update has been still running.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
September 07, 2017 08:57AM
Hi,
Connected my controller to vbar manager followed by neo screen picture attached is after disconnect. Tried to connect transmitter and neo Von neo green but transmitter screen shows NOT CONNECTED.
Eric

September 07, 2017 09:22AM
Hi,

if the transmitter screen shows not connected, the Setup Apps are missing. And voilà, if I check the database for your VBC serial no. ...

Please go to the App Store again, and install.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 07, 2017 10:02AM
Thanks Eddi,
VBar Basic setup v6 installed .
I have one neo with separate gyro will this work with this .
Eric
September 07, 2017 11:34AM
Hi,

yes of course, but you have to set up the separate gyro (select orientation, which will automatically enable it).

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login