Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vbar control Manager Windows 10

Posted by AlexGeltmeyer 
Vbar control Manager Windows 10
August 31, 2017 09:38PM
Hello,
Some weeks ago My Vbar Control and Neo's where not Recognized by the Vbar Control manager.
Eddie informed me that there is a problem with Windows 10, so I instalded the Oracle VM Virtualbox with application, like described
At that moment I tested only A Neo and did an update succesfull. (checked still working with Neo)
Now my clock of my Vbar Control is running behind so wanted to connect to the Vbar Control Manager but no connection possible? (Is in USB mode)

It's an Annoying problem with W10

What to do?

Kind Regards,
Alex Geltmeyer
RV
Re: Vbar control Manager Windows 10
September 01, 2017 08:00AM
Hmmm - this works usually.
Is VBC recognized as USB Storage?

One thing - go in VBC Boot Menue (Stick down right) and try there. Check Memory on VBC (how much free?), reboot once, retry.

Step 2 and 3 here:

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1763

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
September 01, 2017 10:08PM
Hello Rainer,

I tried to connect the VBC to the W10 computer but nothing work.
I connected the VBC to a Windows 7 computer and there it immediate works
I see the folders of the memory of VBC and there is more than 3Mb free of the total 8Mb

Connecting it back to the W10 computer and you hear the beep of connecting the Usb device to the computer but no reaction also not as usb device.

So I think that it is a compatibility problem?

The W7 computer is my work device and just today I recieved an e-mail from my company that we go over to W10 thumbs down

So I need to fix this issue confused smiley

Thanks in advance.
Alex G.
RV
September 03, 2017 08:17AM
Hello Alex,

if USB does not appear, the VM doesn't work correctly. Try to check /uninstall / reinstall the W10 Creators bug workaround.

MS has aleady fixed this on my development W10 here - so i thing with a upcoming update of W10 the VM won't be needed in future.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
September 04, 2017 08:28PM
Hello Rainer,
I removed all Vbar software of my computer and re installed virtualbox and Control Manager.
But does not work for the Vbar Control, Neo connection works perfectly.

Kind Regards
Alex G.
RV
September 05, 2017 06:46PM
Hmmm . so you have access from W7 but not W10 - and only VBC is affected, not NEO.

Is the USB drive visible now on the W10 Machine or not?

Rainer Vetter

September 05, 2017 09:19PM
Rainer,

on my laptop it is not working, Vbar control is not visible as USB drive, Why ?
On my wife her laptop it is working and the Vbar Control is visible as USB drive
I checked the difference:
My PC is HP with Windows 10 Home version 1703
My wife's is a Toshiba with Windows 10 Home version 1607

From where the difference in version is comming ? but for sure version of W10 has to do with it.

Kind Regards,
Alex G.

September 06, 2017 08:53AM
Hi,

it's most probably the Windows version. You can try the Windows 10 Creators workaround on your machine.

Microsoft has already fixed it in an Insider Preview for developers or so it seems, so hopefully the workaround will not be necessary any more in the future.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login