Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Swash servo travels

Posted by ironman49 
Swash servo travels
August 31, 2017 08:32AM
I want to reduce the negative collective pitch to 5 degrees . can I do this in the set up wizard on my bar control where 12 - 14 is usually set with 80 - 100 points by reducing the value below the recomended values? Does the expert app do this separately from setting maximum pitch.
Eric corker
Re: Swash servo travels
August 31, 2017 09:04AM
Hi Eric,

in the Setup Wizard, you set both end points with a linear curve in between. You can do that, no problem. Mind the 'Set Zero' option for the tail, so the control loop know the point of the least torque (0° pitch, reverse point of the DMA curve for example).

With Pro, you can use the Pro Parameters App to adjust collective pitch curves for all three banks independently, but mind that if you set end points in the Wizard or Setup Software again, the curves will be linear again with the set end points.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
August 31, 2017 10:18AM
Hello Eddi and Eric,

just a question about the comprehension from a fellow reader (no VBar-owner):

Isn't it best to show the VStabi his whole possible "movement-sector" from -12° up to +12° in setup-wizzard (TX-range from -100% to +100%) and then reduce to the wished way in TX from -5° up to 12° (might be -50% up to 100%)?

So (in my way of understanding) the VStabi "knows" his complete control circuit and can work with it, but you use only a part of the possible way yourself while flying.

Best regards,
Werner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2017 10:18AM by WFEGb.
August 31, 2017 10:39AM
Hi Werner,

you have to discern between VBar Control and a third party radio.

In VBar Control, you would set collective to +/– 12-14° to check if the geometry allows for the recommended range of values (same as in the PC Setup Software).
Then, in both, you could set the limits for both directions to your liking, this would give a linear curve to both directions.

Now comes the difference:

In VBar Control, you would set the collective curves via the Pro Parameter App.

On a third party radio, you would set the collective curves in the radio (from a handling side, it's the same).

You are right, you only use 50 % in one direction and 100 % in the other direction, for instance, which is usually OK.

If you set up a Scale machine, you could also set up the mechanics so you use 100 % of the servo travel and have e.g. -1° at low collective, hovering collective at center stick and like 9° at full positive if the geometry of the model allows for it, then just mind to Set Zero for the tail.

If you know what you are doing, you can do it winking smiley

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
August 31, 2017 11:37AM
Hello Eddi,

thank you for the details!

Quote:
If you know what you are doing, you can do it winking smiley

Too often I do things I don't know what I'm doing... confused smiley

Best regards,
Werner
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login