Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please Help!!! How to make vsim work with Next simulator??

Posted by Rx.FlyHelis 
Please Help!!! How to make vsim work with Next simulator??
February 12, 2017 01:00AM
I can not find any info telling me exactly how to make vsim work wit Next simulator...I think maybe i have a faulty device. I have even purchased the RX2SIM dongle, as I am being told it is the only way I can make vsim work with Next. I have the vsim app installed on my vcontrol and it will bind to the rx, showing simulator mode..short range mode. Though, I can not get the simulator to see my vcontrol at all...I can not even calibrate the tx because Next is not seeing any inputs at all. Getting very very irritated that there is not information readily available of how to make this work, this is suposed to be an enjoyable hobby. My vcontrol works just fine with Next when I use a USB cable, though I do not want to do that as it is difficult to get my usb unplugged from the vcontrol every time, not to mention i kinda need to be remote from my laptop for my new setup i am using. I mean there are only 3 or 4 common sims and Next happens to be one of the more common ones, it is baffling to me that the information is not available on command....this info should be detailed right in the vsim instructions. Also a little irritating I had to even buy the RX2SIM dongle also ontop of the vsim, pretty expensive thing here at over $150 just to run wireless. Anyways, sorry for ranting on, just disgusted and been beating my head against a wall for about 4 hours total trying to figure this out. Can someone please post a picture maybe of exactly how to hook up the vsim and rx2sim to make it work with Next..and then maybe also explain anything else that may need to be done within the vcotrol or within Next settings to make this all work. AS I said I can not even calibrate it because I cant get Next to see any inputs...and I have tried just about every combination of wire configuration you can think of, this is why I must be missing something somewhwere...PLEASE help...LOL Thank You very much!!
Re: Please Help!!! How to make vsim work with Next simulator??
February 13, 2017 08:52AM
Hi,

man, your text is hard to read. I would suggest you use the <Enter> key at times, to add some line breaks where it makes sense.

Now, hookup:

RX Sat to Mini, USB or an external power supply to Mini (or VSim device, which is technically the same), VSim binds to VBar Control, check.

Audio adapter to Mini/VSim RX B, here a standard PPM signal is being output.
Alternately, directly connect the patch cable provided with RX2SIM to –/+/1 to RXB, omitting the audio jack wire. Mind polarity of course.

There's nothing more to it, now it's a thing of the connected equipment.

So now RX2SIM must be set to PPM (push button longer, until the appropriate LED lights up) and to USB Joystick (push button briefly until the purple LED lights up). That should be it.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Re: Please Help!!! How to make vsim work with Next simulator??
February 20, 2017 08:36AM
Hi again,

we have a use case now http://www.vstabi.info/forum/read.php?42,157098.

What Chris mentions there is that the switches become proportional inputs, so you have to select the desired function (e.g. autorotation), then actuate the desired switch (bring it to the desired end position), then you have to click 'next' so the sim saves the changes, only then they will show.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login